Free ( to me ) brand new BGE if I want one

DerHusker's post is awe inspiring. That being said I have cooked all the meats and similar baked items on my kettles. For pizza I have a pizza kettle. To add to the debate, I have a rotisserie for the kettle. One could argue the kettle is more versatile than the ceramics.

Ask if you can have the Oval model ;-))

In hind sight, I would use it as an excuse to spend time with him with his "Trying to make up my mind". For me, it would be first an opportunity to spend time with him, followed by saying yes.

If your Dad can afford it, don't pass that offer up.

I'd immediately keel over with a heart attack if my frugal Dad offered to buy me a BGE. :twitch:

My Dad used to pay my entry fee into a member-guest golf tourney,?then for the next year my Mom would whine about my beer tab.

Take the Egg, hug his neck and enjoy many evening sharing a soda, a beer or spirit

got it last saturday..... I am thoroughly impressed!

D37CD054-13F2-4016-9976-E01AF2ED6085_zpsv4chnthr.jpg~original

F932BE1A-7E3A-42F9-8A36-C8B234D4545C_zpsinw8gqda.jpg~original

30DEF6AF-D1B2-4BF6-8C64-C3300E67E5C6_zpspioe6ghi.jpg~original

90FFF26C-9E30-4320-9440-8228B4500AAE_zpsjouuflmh.jpg~original

C6811677-9675-4EE2-A372-9713348CF99E_zps4dpmqvgj.jpg~original

Congrats and happy grilling and enjoy making memories with dad.

Check out the Ceramic Grill Store. It is located in Denton, Texas. All of the stuff you read about "raised direct" etc will come form this store.

Exciting times ahead!! There is just something magical about a ceramic kamado :)

Would love to see you join us over at kamadoguru.com

I'm late to the game in reading this thread but think you will be more then happy with your decision and the BGE. I have three of them and they are the most used cookers that I own.

Enjoy every minute talking and cooking with your Dad.

Back