Kettle Salmon

AClarke44

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
Dinner alone tonight. The girls are out of town and my son is at a sleep over b-day party. Guess that means Salmon in the weber!
Enjoy the pics!

Attachments

• 20150815_184650.jpg
    20150815_184650.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 235
  • 20150815_184846.jpg
    20150815_184846.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 234
  • 20150815_184856.jpg
    20150815_184856.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 234
Wow remote probe in fish... Really. At a loss for words

I love cedar planked salmon! Looks good. What did you dust it with?

Thanks! I used KosmoQ's dirty bird rub. I just bought it and wanted to try it out. Has a salty taste. Was pretty good on the salmon.

It looks great brother. Salmon is one of my favorites. However I have to ask, why not on the PBC?

It looks great brother. Salmon is one of my favorites. However I have to ask, why not on the PBC?

Thanks SGH! I used the kettle because I just had that one steak. Didn't wanna fire up the PBC for just that one. If I had a whole side I would use the PBC for sure.

I probe my salmon too because i want it off @ 140. Salmon especially isn't good over cooked.

Looks really good, nice thick fillet!

I always liked Tonys on salmon because of the spice and salt...bet the DB was good.

Nice looking salmon! We love that too. Do it almost once a week if we can. Is that a nice glass of Chardonnay by chance? :grin:

Looks great. Nice job!

Thanks brother!

Love salmon, and that looks great!

KC

Thanks KC

I probe my salmon too because i want it off @ 140. Salmon especially isn't good over cooked.

Looks really good, nice thick fillet!

I always liked Tonys on salmon because of the spice and salt...bet the DB was good.

Thanks Keith. Yeah TC would be great too. Just wanted to give dirty bird a try. BTW, thanks for the tip on the two rubs. I think I'm gonna really like them both.

Nice looking salmon! We love that too. Do it almost once a week if we can. Is that a nice glass of Chardonnay by chance? :grin:

Thanks! The wine was Pinot Grigio

Nothing nice to say so I won't

Oh well, I like sticking my probe in meat! :heh:

Sticking very hard not to comment.

Ahem

Yep won't go the learn to

Sticking very hard not to comment.

Ahem

Yep won't go the learn to
I'm always up for learning different ways to check for doneness. Go ahead and share please. All i did before therms was look for translucence and when there was just a little left in the center of the thickest part i'd rest it to finish cooking and eat.

Yes I agree with Fwismoker, you can give advice and be nice at the same time. It's obvious you don't probe your fish, just tell us what your technique is or what you look for..:thumb:

Back