Wife Came Home With A Blackstone 28

BBQ Freak

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
wife went to Wally World and came home with a Blackstone 28 and it was the last one with the tag on it . She seen me looking at them this morning on line and they were like $180 and talked myself out of getting one and she asked what is was ? I told her I could cook like the cooks like Waffle House if I had one of those , I guess she's a keeper . I coated it with oil and heated it up for 20 minutes and I am letting it cool now , what is your guys seasoning process any tips ?

Last edited:
The normal reaction would be to say "keep her", but from personal experience I can only hope she keeps you :wink:. The signs do look promising :thumb:

Nice man! Gonna break mine out of the box tomorrow and set it up. Wanted to do it today but can't get out of the recliner due to being up for 26 hours working and cooking. I did look at Blackstone's website about care and seasoning. Enjoy it man!

I wiped flaxseed oil on mine and heated until it stopped smoking. Then let it cool down and repeat. I put 4 coats of flaxseed oil on mine, then cooked some bacon cheeseburgers. Seemed to work pretty well. Congrats on the Blackstone.

Wipe it clean with vinegar water. Buy some cheap bacon and a couple onions. Fry them up move em around. Wipe with damp cloth. Lay down your favorite seasoning oil- fry some bacon and get to cooking.

I wiped flaxseed oil on mine and heated until it stopped smoking. Then let it cool down and repeat. I put 4 coats of flaxseed oil on mine, then cooked some bacon cheeseburgers. Seemed to work pretty well. Congrats on the Blackstone.

This :grin:

Of course the more you cook on it, the more it will season and eventually your griddle top will be pitch black. I noticed that sometimes flax seed oil can leave orange residue so dont worry if that happens, just wipe it off.

Glad to hear she finally came around on the 2 cooker limit. Looking forward to seeing what you cook on it.

Very nice I'll have scrambled eggs scattered and smothered hot coffee and spicy hot sausage links please and 2 pieces of toast

Now you owe Mrs Freak some breakfast. As Norm said the Stones are bacon cooking machines.
Cheesesteaks,stir fry,pancakes
Enjoy!

Back