Stuffed Pork Loin

zydecopaws

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
Cooked dinner for some friends tonight. On the menu was stuffed pork loin and trashbag taters. Someone else made the beans...

The trashbag taters were authentic tonight:

IMG_1146.JPG

I cut the pork loin in half and butterflied it. Stuffing was cream cheese, chopped dried apricots, dried cherries, and raisins.

IMG_1148.JPG

I rolled it (them) up and put it on the Performed (indirect) for about 90 minutes, then glazed them with some teriyaki sesame ginger sauce.

IMG_1149.JPG

The pork was then sliced into 1-inch pieces of tender goodness.

IMG_1150.JPG

Unfortunately, no pictures of plated food (including actual cooked trashbag taters) as I don't have my friends properly trained yet; they started eating before I could get a good picture on a plate, and I was worried about getting my fair share... :biggrin:

Nice. I like cooking with dried fruits too and I also need to train my family.

Like Brian asked, what are trash bag taters? Couldn't get the link to work

Very interesting Stuffed Loin. Never trie d it with those ingredients nor in that manner. I will certainly have to give it a try. Officially on my to do list!

Trashbag taters are yelllow or gold potatoes sliced, spiced and EVOOed in a plastic bag, and indirect grilled until almost crispy. The name comes from a large batch I made long ago in an actual (clean) Hefty garbage bag. Story and recipes here.

It's good to be on your good side and be a friend.....I'm trained BTW.

Back