THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

If you are coming to the Bash please let me know by signing up on the "Link" in my signature line.
That way I'll know if I'll need to get one package or two of hotdogs... :mrgreen:

:mod:We have a big, I mean HUGE issue!!!:mod:
Without Charles and SpringRam, who is bringing the SpringRam Texas Bash Baked Beans?
PJ? :clap:

:mod:We have a big, I mean HUGE issue!!!:mod:

Without Charles and SpringRam, who is bringing the SpringRam Texas Bash Baked Beans?

PJ? :clap:
I bring them every time they can't be there. Gotta keep that tradition alive! I mean, they are the official Texas Bash Beans.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

As some may know, myself and Jack Cashman of Casman Q, mentor the Prosper High School BBQ competition team here in Prosper. At our last practice cook I invited the team to come out to the Bash. Not sure how many of the team can make it as most have part time jobs, but they were excited about the invite.

We have our last regional comp tomorrow in Mansfield TX at the Ben Barber facility 1110 W Debbie Lane before we head out to compete at state on May 6th at Dell Diamond in Round Rock TX.

Should be 85-100 teams competing at state this year.

If you can, spectators are welcome to come out to these competitions.
And they are always looking for judges.
The teams will be cooking dessert, beans, half chickens, ribs and brisket. :mrgreen:

Prosper Pitmasters Grand Champions!! :mrgreen:
Prosper High School's BBQ Competiton Team 2022-2023.

2023-04-01-018.jpg

It was a great day at the Ben Barber Regional in Mansfield yesterday.
These guys have worked hard this past year to hone their skills at competition BBQ.
This regional was sort of local, 62 miles from Prosper HS where we met up on Friday about 11:00am for the hour plus drive to Mansfield TX with all the gear and the offset smoker in tow. Once there, the team, along with others, sat in on three seminars discussing competition proteins preparation on cooking methods. At 4:30pm we could then unload our gear and our cooker in our 20'x20' area. The team then went to get a bite to eat before the 6:00pm Team meeting and pulling their number for meat selection order.

Early Saturday morning at 3:00am we met up again at the high school to load the coolers and a few other items for the hour drive back. Rolling in at 4:10am then waited till 4:30am to enter the comp area to setup everything for the day's competition and get ready to light the pits at 5:00am.

At 6:00am the chuck wagon bell is rung to signal three things. All mentors, coaches and others must be out of the team's 20'x20' cooking space, go select your proteins and you can now start preparations for your turn ins.

So, after a day winds and challenges, this is the results of their teamwork.
11 Dessert
3 Beans
4 Chicken
4 Ribs
3 Brisket
Grand Champions!!

It was a good ride back to the HS in Prosper!

Next up is the HSBBQ State Competition on May 6th at Dell Diamond in Round Rock TX.
:mrgreen:

Back