The 2023 Texas BBQ Brethren Fall Bash Planning Thread

Hotch

Batch Image
Batch Image
Staff member
Name or Nickame
Hotch
Well, you all know me, it's never too early to start planning the 2023 Texas BBQ Brethren Fall Bash.
Paul is working on reserving for the Fall. Seems 9/30 is already taken at Overlook! Checking on 10/14
Airport Beach in Waco looks good.
No worries! We will get it done soon!

It will be back at either:
Airport Beach Park
4600 Skeet Eason Rd
Waco, TX 76708

or

Overlook Pavilion at Lake Belton
3110 FM 2271
Belton, TX 76513

That is if the fine people at the Army COE will work with Paul again!!

Both are nice locations, great facilities and easy in and out for most of us.

This year how about we have more of a "Small Cooker" Bash?
Like UDS, drums, Weber Kettles, Pellet cookers, Red Box, Disc, stir fry, WSMs, PK grill types, Smokey Joe's, Griddles, Acorns, Small or medium ceramic cookers and maybe a deep fryer. Whatever type of cooker is more portable or travels lightly.
As it would be nice to make use of the pavilion space and the tables.

There are many different types of smokers/grills/cookers other than a big stick burner and for me, I would enjoy watching and learning how to manage the fire and cook on them.

Really isn't the Bash all about meeting new and seeing old Brethren along with their family and friends plus learning new ways and things to BBQ, Grill, Smoke and Cook?

It would be great to have more BBQ Brethren with their family and friends out to the 2023 Fall Bash along with their smoker/grill/cooker of choice with them.

Then everyone could cook what they like to do at their house. We all cook a variety of stuff at home. I'm talking about like steaks, smoked chicken, smoked turkey, sliders, hot dogs, brats, sausage, cheese steaks, breakfast items, smoked casseroles, meat pies, desserts, fruits and veggies and such. It doesn't have to be fancy.

And it's not like we are cooking a full meal for everyone. We mostly are cooking small bite stuff that come off the cookers throughout the day. Just an easy day at the Bash!

So go ahead and get signed up, the link is in my signature line below!
Hope to see you at the 2023 Texas BBQ Brethren Fall Bash!!:mrgreen:

Last edited:
October is better for me anyway if I can talk my wife into it. We will be back from our trip at the end of September.

So, Paul is working on 10/14/2023.
He has a request in and waiting on the Park Ranger for approval as it is after "Season"
We will post more info as we get more.

I can probably bring one or two of my small cookers. Will there be firewood available locally?

cJjaohTh.jpg

We'd love to come back, but we'll be in South Carolina.

Hopefully, we'll be able to make the next spring bash(es?)

Paul has done a request for "After Season" a few other times so I'm pretty sure October 14th is good to go!
So please hit the signup link in my signature line so we have a good number on how many will be joining us at the Fall Bash! :mrgreen:

Well, if the park rangers give Paul the okay, we have 77 days till the 2023 Texas BBQ Brethren Fall Bash!! :mrgreen:
:pop2:

Hey Park rangers give Paul the okay!!
We have 68 days till the 2023 Texas BBQ Brethren Fall Bash!!
Please let us know if you are going!
Hit the signup link in my gig line.
:mrgreen:

Seems every time I sign up in advance something happens. So put down "maybe".

Hoping the weather cools off by then.

Sorry guys, I won't be able to attend the Fall Bash this year.
I have a surgery scheduled for September 29th with 3-6 weeks of recovery.

Paul will keep you guys updated on the Bash as he is still waiting on the Park Rangers to respond to his request for the dates.
Be sure to let him know if you are planning to attend.
:mrgreen:

I was scheduled for a knee replacement next Monday (18th) which has been rescheduled for the 5th. What date is Paul asking the CoE for?

Hope all goes well, Hotch!

Well, thanks to the 'rona, my knee surgery got pushed back to the 5th (Thursday next week). Is the 14th still an active target date?

Is it worthwhile to start looking for a place in East Texas? Maybe around Lake Worth near Emory or Quitman? Seems like a lot of folks come from the East so, might make the Event easier to attend for a lot of folks. From Rockwall (East Dallas) it's about an hour and half to the general area of Lake Worth and is easily accessible from I-20 or I-30.

The October 14th weekend though is starting to look doubtful for me.

Back