What is the best sale of the year on charcoal these days?

I still have a few bags of that discontinued Weber we got for $2 a bag! Bought some KBB while in FL for a few weeks and it is absolute garbage compared to the K Competition I get from Costco. I can't believe how much different it is. Gonna look for that Cowboy next time I am down there.

Tried the Cowboy stuff last night and was really pleased. Even the G/F said it didn't smell (stink) like it normally does while getting started like the KBB stuff. For those on the fence I say go for it.

Just bought 4x 20 lbs from wal mart based on this discussion
Hope I love it.
Wal Mart free shipping makes this so easy.

I'm working my way through the 80 lbs I bought a while back. It's great. Just be aware that it smokes A LOT when you first light it. Not unpleasant smoke, just lots of it.

At the wallyworld prices, that's it's only drawback.

I've been buying the Costco Kingsford Pro 2x18# packs when they're on sale. Its good quality and tends to be as cheap or cheaper than the KF blue bag deals at elsewhere. Good quality product too. Right now its like $6 or $7 bucks off.

Definitely gonna check out that cowbow!

Thanks for the info. I didn't realize the Kingsford at Costco was Pro. I guess that's an option.

The only other decent local option seems to be the free ship of the Cowboy hardwood at Walmart. How long is that sale?

Menards lists a "Frontier natural south american charcoal briquets" 12 lbs for $3.50. That is 29.6 per pound, but no local stock Shipping is too $$. Has anyone tried it, in case they get it in?

I have some urgency - I bought a nearly new 22" WSM at an estate sale yesterday, along with two older 22" kettles. I need to fill the shed with fuel! (glances out the window at the electric MES40 smoking beef ribs)

Back