Texas Pilgrimage-Lockhart, Snows

markdtn

is one Smokin' Farker
In about a month my wife and I are going on a weekend Texas Pilgrimage. Landing in San Antonio on a Friday morning. We were going to go to Lockhart for Lunch and Dinner. I have been before so I know the deal there. Saturday we are going to Snows. I have not been there before. Plan to be there by 5:00. Sounds like that should be early enough to get food but not 1st in line likely. We need to be in College Station on Sunday morning to see a friend. Any place we should visit either on the way to or from College Station? Sunday night we are back in Lockhart (never actually stayed there before) to be on an early afternoon Monday flight from San Antonio. So Friday we could go somewhere else if there were other places around Lockhart that we should try. I have been to City Market in Luling but nothing else in that area. Thanks!

It's not Q, but I discovered they have a pretty cool clock museum in Lockhart when I was there about a week ago. Worth a visit.

Last time we went I was recommended next time to go to the Burnt Bean in Seguin. That one still worth going to?

We will go to the clock museum in between BBQ in Lockhart. We have been to several thrift shops there.

Terry Black's recently opened in Lockhart as did Barbs B Q. Haven't been to either of those yet. I have C&J Barbeque bookmarked in Google Maps, it's just outside College Station, never been there either. Been to the Cooper's Old time Pit BBQs in New Braunfels & downtown Austin, both were quite good. There's Louie Mueller Barbecue in Taylor and Meyer's & Southside Market both in Elgin, famous for their sausages.

Make sure to hit the riverwalk in San Antonio, lot of good restaurants.

Terry Blacks was there the last time we were in Lockhart. It's probably really good but we did not go. Their local advertising/signage was a bit intense/provocative. I don't want to get caught up in the drama, but Blacks seemed to be taking the high road when we were last there.

We may try the C&J near College Station. Might make it to Coopers in New Braunfels on Monday (or we may be tired of BBQ and want something else by then). Elgin and Taylor are going to be a bit outside our range this trip. If we come back to Austin might try those.

Thanks!

If you have extra time on Friday and like beer you could visit Spoetzl Brewery in Shiner to the SE of Luling.

We had a really nice time at BS Brewing in Seguin. Went there 2 nights in a row and on the second night they treated us like family. Jalapeno Ranch burger was awesome and the beer was likewise great. Los Chilaquiles, 2108 N Austin ST, Seguin did us a great breakfast.

Back