Suggestions on rubs to buy

2000milesofsmoke

Knows what a fatty is.
Been mostly The BBQ Rub for pork and Salt and Pepper for beef but looking to change some things up. What would you recommend on what I should give a try? Thanks in advance.

I've said this before, and not trying to piss anyone off. I make my own rubs. Copying one you like is easy once you learn to interpret smells and tastes. And originality always rules! I never have an issue with discontinued stuff, nor do I have to rely on someone else to make my food better. To each his own, and by all means rely on other's help if that's what you want. Mostly, have fun and cook on!!

For pork, it's always Porkmafia Memphis Mud, beef there are a lot some of my faves 407BBQ rub, Sucklebusters 1836. Southside Market smoked steak or smoked garlic pepper are also pretty tasty.

I thoroughly recommend you start here.

Support a long time member and supporter. We have lost a few dedicated providers such as Naturiffic and Oakridge.

Steph (Big Brother Smoke) hasn't posted for a very long time, but the rubs are out there and very very good.

I know these are some old school suggestions, but they work for me: Dizzy Dust (buy the coarse, use your spice grinder ((or thumb grinder)) to make a finer grind). Cimarron Doc's, Birds and Bones, and Smokin' Gun's Hot (which is not that hot, but they have a sweet version). I was a Beta tester for Yardbird, so I always have that on board.

Yardbird has been my go to for chicken and sometimes pork butts, but I recently tried The Gospel and im really liking it on Chicken, and pork ribs, can;t wait to try it on pork butts. I really like the addition of sugar. Its really balances the other flavors.

As for beef, My go to has and still is Bovine Bold.

My go to for beef these days is Swine Life BBQ Prime Beef.

In the absence of Oakridge these days, I say check out Meat Church and Kosmo's. They both have a wide array of products.

I love simply marvelous spicy apple and sweet seduction. JDQ Sweet is also very good and I really like Tuffy Stone’s rubs as well-“The Big Umami” is excellent on beef.

I was in Lowe's today and walked by a display of rubs. A Lowes employee pointed to Dan-O's and said it's the hot seller because it's low salt. Anyone tried it? Any good?

I'll give another thumbs up to Meat Church rubs which I recently started using. Kosmos is also good as stated a few posts before.

I was in Lowe's today and walked by a display of rubs. A Lowes employee pointed to Dan-O's and said it's the hot seller because it's low salt. Anyone tried it? Any good?

I'll give another thumbs up to Meat Church rubs which I recently started using. Kosmos is also good as stated a few posts before.

One of my buddies loves the Dan-O stuff and he gave me a bottle of it. I can't stand it. Too many weird herbs in it or something. I could see it being more of a grilling seasoning, but I didn't care for it. There are several varieties. I tried the original.

Back