THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hugo

Full Fledged Farker
My brother, who lives in Australia, came to visit a while ago and I let him know what BBQ is to me and introduced him to the likes of Phubar and Padawan. Now he is hooked :becky:
Does anyone know where to get Rubs and Sauces in Australia?

Dry rubs and sauces aren't that hard to make once you know what style you want. Please avoid the yucky high sugar mass produced options you see in the USA. :yuck:

With some honey, brown sugar or, molasses you have the sweet options pretty well covered. Add some onions (sweet or hot), ripe tomatoes, and similar options with some peppers (everything from sweet bell peppers to the hotter varieties) and you can tweak the flavor through a wide range of flavors. Finish with a splash of vinegar and some quality spices and you will have a sauce to be proud of.

Dry Rubs are pretty easy too. Salt, brown sugar, and "secret" spices and you will have a dry rub to be proud of.

Dry rubs and sauces aren't that hard to make once you know what style you want. Please avoid the yucky high sugar mass produced options you see in the USA. :yuck:

With some honey, brown sugar or, molasses you have the sweet options pretty well covered. Add some onions (sweet or hot), ripe tomatoes, and similar options with some peppers (everything from sweet bell peppers to the hotter varieties) and you can tweak the flavor through a wide range of flavors. Finish with a splash of vinegar and some quality spices and you will have a sauce to be proud of.

Where's a good place to get a crock pot?:suspicious:

Back