Rib Sauce (opinions)

Mooner

is one Smokin' Farker
Name or Nickame
Mooner
Whats everyone's consensus on the hottest sauce for spare ribs nowadays? I have been using Blues Hog and Tennessee Red mixed for years but I'm going to be cooking for a group next weekend and wanted to mix it up a bit. Any help is appreciated.

+1 for the raspberry chipotle, it’s my go to here lately when wanting something a bit different, I also found a blueberry chipotle made by someone else that I like as well. I’ll have to dig the empty jar and I’ll let you know the maker can’t remember right now lol

I like to use simply marvelous spicy apple rub and make a sweet glaze with equal parts Tennessee Red, Honey, and apple jelly.

My favorite sauce for ribs is Yes Dear Red Sauce; Sweet, Tangy, and a slight hint of heat.

Second choice would be Yeas Dear Competition Sauce, with much bolder flavors.

you talking for comps?

my house sauce is kosmos competition. I use it at home but we're not heavy saucers anyway

I'm in the same boat. The fam loves the 50/50 Blues Hog but I've grown bored with it. Gonna have to try the Yes Dear sauce.

My go to for spares is my homemade sauce (ketchup and brown sugar based) that i thin out with some extra apple cider vinegar. I set the sauce on the ribs before pulling them.
It puts a nice thin layer on them that i think is a happy medium for a mixed crowd.

My family has been using this sweet sauce since the 60's on ribs and chicken with a spicy rub. It's not a sauce that you just pour on, you have to cook it on to get the sweet and sticky texture. I usually quadruple the recipe and freeze some.

2 oz Butter
1 onion (minced)
1 clove Garlic (minced)
¼ cup Soy Sauce
¾ cup Sugar (can use brown sugar if desired)
¾ cup White Vinegar
¾ cup Ketchup
½ teaspoon Tabasco
½ teaspoon Ginger powder

Sauté the onions and garlic in butter until soft. Add the rest of the ingredients and simmer until slightly thickened.

After your product is about 30-45 minutes shy of being done on the smoker, brush the sauce on ribs or chicken over low heat on a grill or smoker. Continue to brush or mop the sauce on until product is done and the sauce is glazed and sticky. (I brush and turn, at least a 6 times)

*** BE CAREFUL NOT TO LET THE SAUCE BURN ON THE MEAT***

Back