Goldee's Sauce Cheap

CaptainQ

Knows what a fatty is.
Name or Nickame
Azore
Walmart has Goldee's BBQ sauce for $5.68 online. It's $12 - $16 on most other sites. Sauce is personal but, the entire family liked it a lot when we had it on ribs last weekend. Enough that I ordered 9 bottles to get free shipping.

As an aside, thanks for all the help with my ribs in the previous thread. I pulled the ribs and wrapped when I liked the color plus used Goldee's sauce which is lighter in color. Between the two, they produced a very nice shade of red and had great flavor.

I did some searches but didn't find much on the Goldee's sauce - just lots of great comments about the restaurant. Curious what the sauce is like, what it is similar to, etc. Is it actually what they use at their restaurant?

Surprised it has smoke flavor in it. How are their rubs?

Shipping is $7 until you hit $35. That's a lot of sauce.

"Ingredients
Tomato Puree (Water, Tomato Paste), High Fructose Corn Syrup, Distilled Vinegar, Molasses, Salt, Natural Smoke Flavor, Caramel Color, Garlic, Onion, Mustard Seed, Spices."

I typically use 50/50 Blues Hog. In my opinion, the sauce is as good or better. My wife and daughter are good at giving me honest feedback. They both loved it. I used their brisket rub on my last brisket cook. It was good, but no better than SP+ Lawry's.

Just tasted it again to try and give you a better sense of what the sauce tastes like.
I have a ppp (piss poor palate). I taste vinegar, black pepper(heat), umami, and sweetness. My lovely bride said vinegar, black pepper, a hint of mustard, and umami.
I'm sure this makes no sense but it has more depth of flavor than 50/50 Blues Hog.

I typically use 50/50 Blues Hog. In my opinion, the sauce is as good or better. My wife and daughter are good at giving me honest feedback. They both loved it. I used their brisket rub on my last brisket cook. It was good, but no better than SP+ Lawry's.

Blues Hog is the best IMO. I tried this Goldees sauce and it isn't very good.

Lost me at the second ingredient, hfcs.

This. Too bad, feel like that's probably unnecessary in a sauce like that. I've been using Joe's KC sauce more often (they're one of the more popular BBQ jonts in KC) since there's no HFCS on the ingredients list. Most do though...I guess because it's so cheap.

I haven't tried the W Sauce. Need to check and see if it's available nearby.

Back