• Fathers Day BBQ Cook-Up (Pic heavy)

Phrasty

Babbling Farker
First off Happy (belated) Fathers Day to all the Proud Dads, the To-be Dads, the single Dads & the Once were Dads. Bless you all this day and everyday. You are all appreciated, loved and needed!

I rarely do caterings anymore but I always find it a bit hard to turn down Fathers Day jobs cuz honestly Fathers are rarely celebrated enough and it's such an under appreciated yet hugely important role in our society. I had one condition and that was as long as I get comps for my Parents and son so I can still spend the day with them.

That all being said I catered a Fathers Day event for about 60 Dads & family members celebrating their dads yesterday. I ended up doing Smoked Ribeye with a n'duja infused compound butter, Pork belly burnt ends with a rum bbq sauce, scotch cured hot smoked salmon with a Korean gochujang roasted garlic aioli and some smoked chicken with a tamarind bbq sauce. We paired this all up with a few side dishes: baked callaloo, bacon corn bread, tomato & artichoke salad and a jalapeño corn risotto. It all kinda looked like this:

Got the Ribeye and separated the ribeye from the ribs and seasoned with salt then trussed it all back together. Added a bit of my Kicked up Kattle beef rub on there and set it back in the chiller for a day and a half to grab a little quick age on it...

JMq4wKwh.jpg

itKcQWkh.jpg

Salted:
hpiw4b6h.jpg

b4Vn9Evh.jpg

Seasoned before resting
jZyLL9Rh.jpg

Don't have any pics of the pork belly or chicken prep as it was getting late and I was kinda in the zone and forgot to take pics :doh:

The evening before the event I smoked the salmon as that was being served chilled. I didn't get pics of that prep either but essentially I spritzed liberally with scotch and applied a sugar + salt + seasoning mix and left that to cure in the chiller over night as well. Washed off the cure the next day and left uncovered in the walk-in to dry a bit and create a pellicle. The salmon came off the smoker looking like this:
j6jj3v7h.jpg

Loaded up the smoker about 2am Saturday morning with the beef, chicken & cubed seasoned pork belly and set the smoker for 225 and let it chug on:
TYl2dKwh.jpg

cu1LrcBh.jpg

5q6soKah.jpg

li5msJhh.jpg

Smoker all loaded up:
BSy6LkKh.jpg

Had a Chef friend here from Cayman prepping at my place for a separate Fathers Day job he had going on and we had a few drinks and a cigar to keep us going :becky:
yrWFo2hh.jpg

pqlt5Anh.jpg

By about 6:30am the chicken and PB Burnt ends were ready to be sauced and panned to keep warm til service
0v8jT9Eh.jpg

1WEd0ODh.jpg

I didn't get a shot of the burnt ends coming off the smoker cuz I was a) tired, b) in the zone to just get it done & c) there was sauce everywhere lol

The ribeye kept chugging away and pulled it at 135/140 IT
ASKxFIhh.jpg

Then it was time for service. Got to the location at about 9am where all the sides were put together and got set up for service at 11. It all looked something like this:

Baked Callaloo
AtN2fedh.jpg

Tomato & Artichoke salad
qr5IEN9h.jpg

Breadfruit Salad
vS8Ogrjh.jpg

Jalapeño corn Risotto
tj3NjiPh.jpg

Pork Belly Burntends
lhol9Z8h.jpg

Smoked Scotch cured Salmon with Korean Aioli
FihDhHXh.jpg

Smoked Chicken with Tamarind BBQ sauce
ZVWMgffh.jpg

And of course the smoked Ribeye
y15GGAeh.jpg

They had a nice little display :biggrin1:
E393Eibh.jpg

I basically just carved and served the ribeye while the crew topped up the other items... but this ribeye was seriously on point! I wanted to take half home but the guests smashed it ALLLLLLL :clap:

A few of the early birds got to get a rib off the roast
vz6OMZDh.jpg

QRgwylLh.jpg

qIAg1kBh.jpg

I did manage to get a one plate of food to try it all before it was all over
VPkeRiJh.jpg

...And with that my Fathers Day was a blast! I spent the rest of the day just taking it easy with the little man and couldn't have asked for anything more! And that's it! Once again HFD to all you Dads out there! :first:

:hug:
vFqrBxFh.jpg

And a belated HFD to you!
You went over the top. I'll bet this was one to remember for your guests/clients.

WOW Absolutely OUTSTANDING. I want to come to one of your cooks. Everything looks and sounds amazing. Love the look of that Salmon

Thanks everyone! :becky:

Put everything on the smoker at about 2 am and the ribeye came off about 8 am so I'd say I had the smoker going for about 6 hours.

Outstanding!!!
How long was your total cook?

Bill!! How you doing man?!?! It's been a while! Thank you, thank you!! Appreciate it Brother!

Just awesome Phrasty!

Man, you can cook! :hail::hail::hail:

What a spread!

Cheers!

Bill

Back