THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

To Phil and all the Mods. I am truely thankful for all you do for this site. The Brethren is the ONLY forum I am an active member of and there is a reason for that. The sense of comradarie, fellowship and acceptance simply does not exist elsewhere. I understand the difference of personalities and have always strived to connect people rather than divide them. If I see something that is turning sour, I usually steer clear rather than making my own comments as I realize they might be pointless, or even worse, negative. I've used the escape more times than I can rember as I always pause and look at my comment, and ask myself, would I mind that being said about me? If I can honestly answer yes then I'll hit submit. If not...I'll go somewhere else. On the thread that caused the current outroar, I saw many valid points of view that perhaps could have been expressed in a different matter so I chose to remain silent so as not to aggrivate two opposing points of view that I may have agreed with at the same time. But that's just me. I'd rather make peace than enimies...

i moderate a forum with over 10k members and i completely understand your frustration(s). i do want you to know that i for one completely appreciate the job that the moderators do here. so again, thank you for the efforts put forth by the moderator team.

Also a little late to this party...
If you guys EVER need to know what this gang is about try losing a job, breaking down in the south side of chicago or dealing with a near death experience/illness.
This ain't ghostbusters; these are your buds that will keep you company and (try to) keep you sane.

Thanks Pooh and the MOD team for keeping this place liveable!

Now to get off topic, Pooh - That turkey brine recipe kicked serious arse! It will be repeated and adapted!

Continue with the apologies!

I'm one of the noobs around here.
I choose to take the approach of "seek first to understand before you seek to be understood".
IMO the "Turkey Thread" offered an object lesson in how the written word can lead to a lot of miscommunication, but like I said, I'm just an amatuer cook noob, so my opinion and a buck will get you cup of bad coffee.
I've lurked around a number of other forums. I choose to spend my time here, because of the depth of knowledge that is openly shared and the distinct lack of flaming that other forums seem to suffer. I simply want to take a moment to thank all of you Admins and Mods that spend your free time creating a neat place to hang out. Thank You!

How come nobody wanted to follow the Pied Piper in the throws of the Turkey thread and now eveyone is sucking up? What's up with that? What was it, five warnings and no response from the members, and now everyone is on Phils jock? NICE!

Or...maybe, just maybe...people learned from their mistakes?:thumb:

Not quite sure though as I'm not one for sucking up. I'll admit when I'm wrong, and even apologize if one is warranted, but sucking up just doesn't happen.

Thanks for all the hard work the Mods do and thanks to most of the posters. This is the most generous and friendly BBQ site on the net. I rarely post on " the most famous" site because of all the flamers there and they are all apparently girlfriends of the moderator because they are never called down. :)

i missed the turkey thread and am only trying to boost my post count to get to being a full on farker! :becky:

thanks for the site fellas and appreciate the work!

Thanks to all the mods and 'specially to Phil for all the work you do. I had no idea how much work it takes to make a place like this stay like this, 'till I read Jorge's post about it taking a real physical toll on Phil, probably because I didn't fully appreciate how big the membership is on this site. Yet you guys make it feel like a close-knit brotherhood. You're welcoming and helpful to all who venture here, no matter their level of expertise. I lurked here for a year before venturing my first post. I've enjoyed learning the history of this place (peanuts anyone?) and appreciate the longer tenured members welcoming everyone into the fold.

For some reason the Turkey threads always get rowdy on cooking boards... Maybe it's performance anxiety? :p

Seriously though, you guys are a class act in my experience, limited though it may be.

Just reading thru this thread thinking.....I originally did a yahoo search way back when and this was the first forum that came up. I became addicted almost immediately.
Pooh, Jorge, Bigmista, Norco, Country, cRocke, Barbefumkmaroque, Bigbro smoke, Bobbrisket, Keale, N8man, Notely, landarc, cowgirl, Ash, leanza, et al......too many to mention that I have learned from.
All the nicest people you could ever meet.
I did not read the post in question and don't care to. I don't post the way I used to, but I read here just about every day. To me, the BBQ Brethren Forums has always been about sharing ideas and recipes. Maybe a few laughs along the way, but it's pretty simple-be polite.
For anyone who reads this, that loves bbq, you will not find a better group of people to shoot da' ch...t with.
Fin

To Larry's points, it's true things have changed... But it's mostly the regulars. I've been lurking more now than when I first joined, mostly due to just being really busy. But there's no reason not to get things back to what we all liked before.

And there's really no reason for regulars to misuse and abuse the mods. Wait until you see them at a bash and do something nasty to them in person, but don't make their job harder here. :)

Back