Bag Sealer

Headgear

Full Fledged Farker

Batch Image
Batch Image
Name or Nickame
David
I just love this forum!!! And I want to thank you guys for all of the information that you share. Over the Christmas holidays, Krogers had ribeye roasts on sale for, believe it or not, $7.99/lb. So I bought four, smoked one, and wrapped the others in plastic wrap, then foil and froze them because they were too big for our Food Saver. Because of all of you guys talking about these, I am going to Krogers with a forklift the next time the roasts are on sale. :clap: :-D

Attachments

• Bag Sealer.jpg
    Bag Sealer.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 152
Congratulations......

The Weston has a large 15" wide bag sealing capability, woks great for roasts, pork butts and hams. They can use any textured bag, not just Weston brand.

You can buy bags in bulk, 100 or 1,000 at a time from multiple sources. Bone guards are also available to protect the edges of the bones from puncturing the bag when jostling items in the freezer.

The good thing about Weston is it has user serviceable parts available for sale. I've had mine for over 10 years and only changed the seals and sealing bar once. But I keep a spare seal and heating strip on hand, just in case.

Don't be quick to change the seals, I've found that sometimes just a quick rinse under running warm water, and air dry them before putting them back in, is all that is needed most times.

Congratulations......

The Weston has a large 15" wide bag sealing capability, woks great for roasts, pork butts and hams. They can use any textured bag, not just Weston brand.

You can buy bags in bulk, 100 or 1,000 at a time from multiple sources. Bone guards are also available to protect the edges of the bones from puncturing the bag when jostling items in the freezer.

The good thing about Weston is it has user serviceable parts available for sale. I've had mine for over 10 years and only changed the seals and sealing bar once. But I keep a spare seal and heating strip on hand, just in case.

Don't be quick to change the seals, I've found that sometimes just a quick rinse under running warm water, and air dry them before putting them back in, is all that is needed most times.

Why do you say not to use Weston bags? I have a 2300 that is at least 11 years old,
I have tried lots of bags and find the Weston bags work fine and cost less than most. I have only changed the seals once. Now I store it with a spacer that stops the lid from closing completely so the seals do not touch while not in use. The current seals have lasted much longer than the original.

Congratulations......

All good information. I did get a repair kit with it for whenever things go south. Thanks!

Why do you say not to use Weston bags? I have a 2300 that is at least 11 years old,

I think you should reread the post. No one said not to use them, just that the vac-sealed can use any textured vac-seal bag, not just the Weston brand.

Other sources of bags will offer a plethora of premade sizes (even for sausage).

When buying in bulk, the prices are extremely cheaper.

I think you should reread the post. No one said not to use them, just that the vac-sealed can use any textured vac-seal bag, not just the Weston brand.

Other sources of bags will offer a plethora of premade sizes (even for sausage).

When buying in bulk, the prices are extremely cheaper.

Sorry, I did misread the post. I see what you were saying and it makes perfect sense now. May be time for me to see my eye doctor again.:grin:

Now I store it with a spacer that stops the lid from closing completely so the seals do not touch while not in use.

^
^
^
^
^

THIS is great advice and exactly what I do with my chamber vac. In my case a couple of CPVC spacers worked well.

Where?

I just love this forum!!! And I want to thank you guys for all of the information that you share. Over the Christmas holidays, Krogers had ribeye roasts on sale for, believe it or not, $7.99/lb. So I bought four, smoked one, and wrapped the others in plastic wrap, then foil and froze them because they were too big for our Food Saver. Because of all of you guys talking about these, I am going to Krogers with a forklift the next time the roasts are on sale. :clap: :-D

I'm likely in the market for one of these myself soon.

Might I ask where you purchased yours and what price?

Thank you in advance...

Cayenne

Back