Las Vegas Meating

sudsandswine

Quintessential Chatty Farker
I was out in Las Vegas for a long weekend and ate a bunch of great food while there. Here are some pictures of my meat adventures:

Started out at The Butcher Block to buy some meat to cook for the weekend. They had a nice setup with a variety of beef, pork, chicken, and seafood options, including various grades of beef from choice all the way to A5.

I bought some prime bone in ribeyes, filet mignon, Wagyu sirloins, Wagyu hotdogs, marrow bones, and Kurbota bone in pork chops. Maybe went a little overboard :rolleyes::cool:

My dad bought me a Meater block for my birthday, I've really grown to appreciate the single Meater probe I bought (thanks to Big Poppa Smokers for the Throwdown win gift certificates). I bought him a Meater for Father's Day or something last year and he's found it really useful as well.

We cooked the Wagyu sirloins another day, they were great - very tender and rich flavor. Also cooked the marrow bones and made some sourdough crostinis to eat it on. I dont think my dad had tried bone marrow before, he liked it.

I fiiiiiiiinally got to visit a Costco Business Center....as silly as it sounds, I was really looking forward to it. They had a lot of the same things I can get at mine, but more bulk, slightly cheaper, and then some other things that my regular Costco does not carry.

They had oxtail and cheeks for an less than ridiculous price

They didn't have as much Wagyu options as I was hoping for, but did have frozen strips and ribeyes. Ironically, this farm (Red Top Farms) is an hour or so northeast of me in Missouri, so I didn't buy any - had it before, it's great.

They had both skin-on and skin-off pork belly.

Last edited:
We went in search of some whiskey to compliment the steaks, the store we went to had a great variety, but some of it was just a wee bit out of my price range.

They had plenty of Buffalo Trace there, which is hard to find here. If someplace does have some, it's usually gobbled up for the secondary market and then priced too high for what it is.

This is probably my favorite "daily" tequila - Corralejo Reposado. Never seen a 1.75L bottle of it before. I thought about bringing some back in my suitcase, but decided not to.

We went to Bacchanal Buffet at Caesar's Palace one night, it was really good. Probably the best buffet I've been to. Lots of seafood options and piles of meat.

I could probably eat my weight in crab if given enough time to do so :becky:

Last edited:
On the evening of my birthday we went to T-Bones Chophouse at Red Rock Resort, I got an Australian Wagyu strip. It was delicious, but I think the meals we cooked ourselves later in the trip were probably better. The sides are served family style, so what's on my plate is just my serving size, not theirs.

We had a great time, really spoiled. Vegas is a great town for doing some culinary exploration.

Great times and great pics. Those choice tomahawk ribeyes are killer at Costco business btw. Really marbled and priced perfect at $10. Cooked up quite a few of them.

That looks like it was an amazing trip! I did a double-take when I saw the first picture of the meat on the metal rack and then surmised that it must be a huge walk-in cooler, like Restaurant Depot.

Thanks for posting!

The butcher shop looks legit, I wish they had one like that years ago when I lived in LV. I’m fortunate to have Costco Business close by, great deals to be had.

Nice cooking and hope you had a Happy Birthday!

That looks like it was an amazing trip! I did a double-take when I saw the first picture of the meat on the metal rack and then surmised that it must be a huge walk-in cooler, like Restaurant Depot.

Yep, it did remind me a lot of Restaurant Depot in general. I do have one of those close. This particular Costco Business didn’t seem to have quite the variety of things like wagyu brisket that ssv3 runs across in his. It was still a fun visit.

Happy birthday Suds. Looks like you had a good time and some good eats while there. My recent visits to LV have been convention oriented so no chance to shop like you.

Have any Florida Brethren been to the Costco Business Center located in Orlando?

Thanks,

Robert

Happy birthday Suds. Looks like you had a good time and some good eats while there. My recent visits to LV have been convention oriented so no chance to shop like you.

Have any Florida Brethren been to the Costco Business Center located in Orlando?

Thanks,

Robert

Back