Doing some beef ribs tomorrow night

Negolien

Full Fledged Farker
Name or Nickame
christian
Hey All,

I don't usually do beef ribs. I did some olive fed wagyu when I first got my smoker but I didn't cook em hot enough for long enough and they weren't very good. I got an almost 6 lb angus block from wildforks. I was gonna use the below hey grill hey recipe with my own rub and spritz but I' am torn between foiling a pan or using butchers. I would like better bark but it's sooo much easier to put things in a foil pan and foil the top vs taking out and wrapping in paper thoughts? I also wanted to use that wagyu tallow so what would the mix in the pan or paper be with that? Thanks for lookin will post the cook.

https://heygrillhey.com/smoked-beef-back-ribs/#wprm-recipe-container-13027

I already made the macaroni salad and cut up the onions and baby yellow bell peppers and put them and some kosmos dirty bird and brown sugar in the beans. Just gotta put the beans on the grill a few hours under the meats :) and do the plate ribs. Gonaa juice em with some brisket injection I got from kosmos since it was just sitting in the cup board lol

Here we go,

Started with a thin crust frozen supreme pizza so I got something to eat while I wait lol. I will update in new posts as cook progresses.

Last edited:
update 2

Was gonna let em ride but that stall started kicking in right after that post lol. Wrapped em after a last spritz then in with some of that wagyu tallow and I pulled the beans. Been about 4 hours now. Also made the brownies :<). I already made the macaroni salad last night.

Last edited:
Looks great! Ballpark guess, How many people could you serve with those ribs you think? On the fence about beef ribs or brisket for a small party next week.

Ps. I’d be ordering the same slab from the same place as you.

Looks great! Ballpark guess, How many people could you serve with those ribs you think? On the fence about beef ribs or brisket for a small party next week.

Ps. I’d be ordering the same slab from the same place as you.

I think I got 6-8 slices out of it say three per person.. I absolutely LOVE wild forks those ribs were only about 50 bucks srf is like 100+ for plates.. I got the membership so i don't have to pay shipping and get lots of pork and chicken in the 5 lb bags.

Back