Lamb Ribs Finish Sauce

Juggy D Beerman

Full Fledged Farker
Yo to all, I plan on smoking two slabs of lamb ribs on my trial run of hanging them from the top rack of a double stacked WSM. I will be hanging three slabs of trimmed KC cut ribs too. I have my lamb rub figured out, mainly Cavedars with some more SPOG mixed in with it. I was wondering if someone had a recipe or could recommend a good store bought sauce to compliment lamb.

As for the pork ribs, I got that covered. In case anyone is wondering what KC cut ribs are here you go, I once heard KC cut ribs are StL cut ribs that have had the first rib on both ends of the rib trimmed off. Before I froze them, I trimmed the pork ribs down like this for easier cooking on my 18" WSM. Instead of cooking them flat like I had planned, I am gonna Hang 'em High...........

Since this is a trial run this could be good, might turn out bad or it could get ugly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=enuOArEfqGo

I'll report back later. Thanks in advance.

Juggy

Last edited:
Maybe not a direct reply to your question, but something that I've been meaning to comment on when I see lamb done here. It might be a New England thing, but here we always serve mint jelly with lamb.

(And apple sauce with pork chops.)

A chimichurri would be good, add in some mint & oregano. Or butter lemon sauce would probably be good as well.

Are these the Wally World lamb ribs? Word of caution, on most of the racks I've bought there is a pretty big layer of fat in the middle, make sure you render that out as best you can.

Thanks for the inside information, Andy. Yes these are Wally World ribs. I now remember the last lamb ribs I had cooked. The taste of the ribs was less than palatable as not enough fat had rendered out. The butter lemon sauce might be worth a try. I just didn't want to put sweet sticky KC style sauce on them.

Back