Cooking pre-cut individual ribs suggestions

drallan81

Knows what a fatty is.
Have a new grocery store around me that sells packs of pork spare ribs but they are individually cut instead of a whole intact rack. For some reason the ribs are cheaper than a whole rack (not complaining). I was going to pick up a pack for the weekend and give them a shot.

Anyone cook pre-cut individual ribs before? If so, any suggestions?

I was planning on using same basic method as I do a whole rack in my uds, but anticipate they cook faster due to the surface area and smaller volume per rib.

Any thoughts?

They cook a lot faster. You will end up with pork jerky ribs if you cook them like you would a whole rack. I would smoke very low for an hour or two, then wrap in foil with butter for a few hours, then finish off on the grill.

I believe I've seen threads here of people cooking separate ribs. Can't remember what the method is called...

Cook them for a few hours in a pot of spaghetti-sauce bones-n-all, serve over pasta.
If you want to make pork Cacciatore, throw some tomato chunks, mushrooms, bell pepper and onions in the pot too. Adding carrot and celery don’t hurt either.

I've been cutting BBs up individual and using the Vortex up HIGH.
About an hr to an hr and 20 minutes.

Spare should take a few minutes longer.

I've see posts where people were cooking them like wings.
They also said they cooked fast

Back