THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

hurricanedavid

is one Smokin' Farker
It’s been a while since I’ve had the smoker in action. This cook included 9 racks of BB ribs, 4 pork butts, a 14lb brisket, and a double batch of Wampus beans.

The beans were cooked first for about 2 hours at 250F using hickory smoke. Followed were the BB ribs cooked at 235F for about 3.5 hours. The brisket and pork butts were cooked beginning at 6pm on Saturday for 13 hours into Sunday at 235F. Mesquite and hickory were the woods for smoke.

Everything turned out excellent as I used new rubs that were received as Xmas gifts. I was a little bit nervous using completely new rubs but the Stumps finished products were as always, outstanding.

The flavor profiles of everything was excellent. However, I will once again return to my standby rubs comfort zone. Friends, family, and employees will receive and enjoy the spoils of this effort.

Following are a few pictures and thanks for checking it out.

Last edited:
Looking really good. I love that table full of ribs ( the ribs especially, but want to get one of those tables also). How do you like the table?

I did a long cook on my Southern Q starting Friday night. My thermometer said I had it on for 22 hours. A brisket went on Friday night. When it was done, I felt like keeping the cooker going so I put on a dozen skinless chicken breast that I plan to freeze and use for quick weekday cooks, and then about the time that was done, my wife said she was craving a breakfast fatty, so I threw on a naked fatty. I really like the ease of keeping the gravity fed humming along.

Impressive and looks delicious..You had me stumped when you cooked the beans first.I see now it was all giveaway food to be reheated later.Makes more sense.Good on ya!

Looking really good. I love that table full of ribs ( the ribs especially, but want to get one of those tables also). How do you like the table?

I absolutely love the table as it's perfect for all outdoor prep and finish work. My wife can no longer accuse me of flinging BBQ sauce all over the kitchen walls.

The top is stainless steel so it's easy to keep clean and the lower shelf is wire as not to collect water and BBQ debris. I simply clean it with Clorox cleanup and hose it down when finished and store in the garage next to smoker.

I picked it up on Amazon, Seville Classics Stainless Commercial-Grade Work Table Steel Wire Shelf.

This table is affordable and makes my BBQ life much easier. :thumb:

I absolutely love the table as it's perfect for all outdoor prep and finish work. My wife can no longer accuse me of flinging BBQ sauce all over the kitchen walls.

The top is stainless steel so it's easy to keep clean and the lower shelf is wire as not to collect water and BBQ debris. I simply clean it with Clorox cleanup and hose it down when finished and store in the garage next to smoker.

I picked it up on Amazon, Seville Classics Stainless Commercial-Grade Work Table Steel Wire Shelf.

This table is affordable and makes my BBQ life much easier. :thumb:

Excellent. More spending at amazon in my future. I think I will really get some benefit out of a table like this.

Your ribs still look awesome by the way.

Back