Franklin BBQ, Goldbelly and Ripoff Shipping Charges

I would just like to thank everyone in this thread for turning me on to Goldbelly! I had never heard of them and will definitely use them in the future. Being able to get fresh foods from all over is worth the price of the shipping. It's really amazing that this is possible. Living in KC with lots of great bbq joints here I would probably never order bbq, but I would definitely order seafood from the NE and the sourdough bread from SF looks awesome, oh and the Key Lime pie from KW and well lots of things.

THAT'S the spirit!! Honestly, the cheapest group of people I know are sailboaters, and, ummm BBQers. My #1 rule of business is to charge as much as you can.
That way, I have fewer clients, can be more attentive to their needs, and am not running around like a crazy person trying to make ends meet.

They didn't call it "Gold" belly just because, ya know.

Agree on the line. I hate them. I've left full carts and walked out of grocery stores if the line wasn't moving.

But, it's not just a line. It's an event. I was eating bbq tacos and drinking beer while waiting. Super great time. And yes-take a friend (and a dog) NYC bagels are the real deal, too. I get a subscription from QVC that is amazing.

What did you hope to accomplish with the email? Don't want to pay it, then don't buy it. Easiest solution to the problem you created for yourself. Freedom of choice allows you not to buy it just as it allows Goldbelly to set their own prices.

His freedom of choice also allows him to provide feedback to the company, which most companies want.

And he was right - the prices are outrageous.

There are many places that produce the same quality brisket as franklins in Austin. Fly in and enjoy.

Never heard of Goldbelly’s until this thread. I will be ordering many a thing from them. Wife loves NY bagels. All kinds of good pies. Maryland crab cakes.

I see Snow’s BBQ is on there as well. May have to try her brisket at some point.

Thanks to this thread I’ll be buying one… How did you guys reheat it? My time is far too valuable to sit in line for 5 hours. I can’t stand lines, especially to give someone money!
Aaron Franklin has reheating instructions on a couple of YouTube videos.

It’s been a long time since buying Sadlers Brisket. I remember it being pretty good.
May have to revisit

Yup!!

I agree with you on his leftover brisket. Naturally we hit quite a few bbq places when in Austin but I had leftover brisket in the fridge at the room and it blew me away how good it still was.

Well.... I may or may not have packed my leftover Franklins brisket in a soft sided Yeti with hotel ice and flew home with it. Might have done that....:shocked:

^^^Agreed. I spent one morning catching up with my little sister and meating/hanging out with Gore. Fantastic way to spend a few hours and there's a killer meal at the end of it. Went another time and only waited a little over an hour. Got some good father/son time in and shot the chit with other folks in line. I'd do it again in a heartbeat. Only small hitch was my son freaked on the brisket, basically swallowed his sammich like an aspirin then dove in on the slices. He did not want Whataburger for dinner that night - just a Sprite to settle his stomach full of beef, fat & salt. :laugh:
Had a reheated brisket at a friend of mines - reheats real nice. A little pricey for me, but no denying it was farking great.

What? I can't believe you went without me! I thought we had a thing, and you didn't even tell me. I have to find out that you cheated on some BBQ website, bragging to all your buddies. Gheesh. :tsk:

Back