Franklin BBQ, Goldbelly and Ripoff Shipping Charges

What? I can't believe you went without me! I thought we had a thing, and you didn't even tell me. I have to find out that you cheated on some BBQ website, bragging to all your buddies. Gheesh. :tsk:

You have that confused with another place. :twisted:

picture.php

Good morning.

As a service to all members, I give you the following true story.

Blah, blah, blah…

You sound like a broke chithead. First of all you don’t seem to know squat about cooking brisket and how much weight loss you experience by cooking and trimming. Secondly, you don’t know squat about how much money it costs to ship a cooler full of food and gel packs across the country Next Day Air. And thirdly you don’t seem to understand the concept of making a profit off of providing a service. And lastly I’m not sure what you expected to accomplish with your email exchange with the customer service person.

Do you go to a steakhouse and demand to speak with the manager after you look at the menu prices?

All these threads about Franklin’s reminds me about when I went to Austin and planned to get up early and get in line for Franklin’s. Well Austin has some really good bars and they serve late so I wasn’t able to get up in time.

Got to Franklin’s and the line was cut off. So I went to micklewaites trailer down the road and had some of the best brisket I’ve had. It was so good I bought more to take to the hotel for dinner and I got a hat and T-shirt.

I eventually had Franklin’s and it was good but the line was the experience the brisket from the trailer down the road (micklewaites) was better.

Well this post was entertaining .... I don't know why on earth someone feels compelled to come complain about the cost of something you aren't forced to purchase. I could spend my entire life doing that .....

It’s a way of life for lots of folk...

While I wouldn't pay the $249.00, I certainly wouldn't cry about it either.

The choice is simple, don't buy it if the price upsets you.

Back