Finally nailed it (Brisket)

Most Excellent cook Sir and that little Cutie is growing fast.

Looks like Clemson has their act together more than any other team this year. :thumb:

Beautiful brisket. But please do be careful with the little one that near the grill.

I have the same RT 590, and it gets very hot right in the area where her hands are near.

Yes sir, thank you for the heads up. We tried to teacher her early on with my WSM that they are very hot. Normally if I am grilling and she sees the grill she automatically says hot.

Pellet Grill

The cook took 17 hours. 10 hours on extreme smoke, 2 hours at 225, 2 hours at 250, and then went to 300 because I was short on time. It rested for 1 hour 45 minutes. Got to break out my
Hi Nice looking brisket. I also have a 590 but NOT crazy about the lack of smoke flavor. So 10 hrs on extreme smoke did the trick for you brisket?

I just might to give that extreme smoke a try.
DanB

The cook took 17 hours. 10 hours on extreme smoke, 2 hours at 225, 2 hours at 250, and then went to 300 because I was short on time. It rested for 1 hour 45 minutes. Got to break out my
Hi Nice looking brisket. I also have a 590 but NOT crazy about the lack of smoke flavor. So 10 hrs on extreme smoke did the trick for you brisket?

I just might to give that extreme smoke a try.
DanB

Oh yeah, also have done similar with Butts and it works extremely well. Eating leftover brisket this week and can still taste the smokiness.

Ah yes, the perfect brisket. I made one of those once. Recommend you retire cooking briskets now so that you aren't chasing this fabled brisket for year to come :mrgreen:

Kidding but briskets can be fickle mistress. Sometimes they are incredible and sometimes they just aren't. Never quite understand why when everything seems to be done the same from one cook to the next.

Be proud of your accomplishment and make sure your daughter never forgets the day Daddy cooked a perfect brisket (or chicken). It is a rare feat indeed!

Back