Crock pot Stroganoff

Negolien

Full Fledged Farker
Name or Nickame
christian
Hey All,

I got a huge chuck roast left from that double pack sale last month. I didn't like the smoked chuck as I didn';t cook it long enough so it was a little tough. I was wanting to do some stroganoff over some egg noodles. I was gonna use this recipe as a base the chucks about 4-4.5 lbs. probably not gonna use many actual mushrooms as i' am not a fan but figured cream of mushroom soups might work. Any ideas? Maybe a couple cans of the soups and no broth?https://www.primaledgehealth.com/keto-beef-stroganoff/?utm_source=msn&utm_medium=page&utm_campaign=msn

Its not the same without sour cream. Dont use can cream of mushroom soup. Just omit the mushrooms and use caramelized onions instead.

Look up American Beauty stroganoff, and add 1/4 cup of Marsala dessert wine. Make sure you cook it down first. Thank me later.

Just in case , you cook the wine down before you add any other liquids to evaporate the alcohol. Then you add other liquids.

I will 100% post this cook. Looking at Frankensteining a couple recipes. Gonna be using cream of mushroom soups, cream cheese and sour cream and some pinot
The original American Beauty recipe seems to be gone from the internet. The Light and Fluffy recipe is close but they use fresh mushrooms instead of canned, and beef broth instead of Campbell beef consomme. I seriously suggest you try this recipe and add 1/4 cup of Marsala cooked down.

Although, I would use chuck roast, not top or bottom round as its too lean. I use my instant pot to cook the chuck roast to fork tender.

https://www.lightnfluffy.com/en-us/recipes/21991/BeefStroganoff.aspx

Last edited:
Grew up on stroganoff. Can't remember cooking it on my own. I remember picking out mushrooms and my brother would get them. Now I Love mushrooms and would probably add more. It was a fun family meal that mom served with garlic buttered french bread

Last edited:
One of my favorite dishes growing up too. Of course my brother and I had to make a joke about it- “strokinoff”.

Back