THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

16Adams

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Batch Image
I think I bought this Lodge Cast Iron for a wedding gift and ended up gifting a vintage Griswold instead. It’s been in the closet a long time. Let’s put it to work with a Chuck Wagon Beef green chile stew.

3/4# Assada Steak
1# Ground Round
1/2 Onion
12 purple potatoes (they’re small)
2 Large Roasted green chile + one can chopped green chile
1 can green chile enchilada sauce
1/2 pint of Chipotle Pork drippings
1 teaspoon salt
1teaspoon Garlic Powder
1 tablespoon oregano
1 tablespoon chili powder
1/2 cup water
Into smoker stirring about every 15-20 minutes until desired thickness

Last edited:
Spectacular-No
Cook Again- absolutely

Really close to Tom Perini Chuckwagon Green Chile Stew. Some changes. He recommends serving with rice, noodles or crusty bread. Only had rice in the tent. This would've made a great wrap, dipped with tortillas, slopper topper etc. Fun Tasty cook that I'll definitely do again.
#neverthesamewaytwice

Last edited:
Big George 's BBQ;4555235 said:
That looks really good :thumb:

No tomatoes, no dairy. The potatoes gave it a creamy texture, but may have used a few to many. Got to using my vintage Veg-O-Matic. Makes quick work of potatoes, onion etc.

I think I bought this Lodge Cast Iron for a wedding gift and ended up gifting a vintage Griswold instead. It’s been in the closet a long time. Let’s put it to work with a Chuck Wagon Beef green chile stew.

3/4# Assada Steak
1# Ground Round
1/2 Onion
12 purple potatoes (they’re small)
2 Large Roasted green chile + one can chopped green chile
1 can green chile enchilada sauce
1/2 pint of Chipotle Pork drippings
1 teaspoon salt
1teaspoon Garlic Powder
1 tablespoon oregano
1 tablespoon chili powder
1/2 cup water
Into smoker stirring about every 15-20 minutes until desired thickness

I love that handle.

This DO is a tad larger than what I normally cook with. However that’s not a bad thing when adding “A kiss of smoke”.
More surface area exposed more smoke flavor infused. I have another Lodge DO-Bean Pot with legs. It’s a bit smaller and I have used it over coals in The Primo and Tiernan SOB. Used it quite a bit back in my PBC days.

Dutch Oven-Bean Pot-Gumbo Pot-caldron
I need to study, reminds me of jascka@@es, mules, donkeys, burro-etc etc
Similarly different

I used some purple potatoes a week or two ago for the first time, just to see...

It's true - you eat with your eyes first - they tasted 100% normal (good) but it just look really odd up against the "normal" stuff on your plate.

Back