Caldo De Res

Wonderful looking cook and presentation Jeanie, thank you for sharing.

I'm always amazed at how clean your Cowgirl grate is, looks like a new grate every cook and always wanted to ask if it's plate steel or cast iron?

Thank you Kevin! The grate is made from 3/16" steel. I treat it like cast iron though. I brush it off, heat it up and oil it while it's hot to keep the seasoning going. I really love the thing!
It's taken from a pic of me sitting in my camp chair by the fire. This is it when it was new. :grin:

ELPGyg1.jpg

Supposed to be a tad breezy today. Winds to 80mph.
A bowl sure would calm the stormy winds.

Thanks Adams! It's really whippin' today! Rocks in my pockets aren't handling it. lol So far I've lost two tables from the back deck. I'll wait til tomorrow to see what damage has been done.
Hope you're not golfing! lol

I've never heard of it but sure looks tasty, thanks for sharing.
Thank you Norm!

Holy Moly! There's some comfort in that for sure. Looks really good!

Thank you JB! I really liked the beef rib meat. Came out smokey and tender. :grin:

That looks and sounds amazing

Thanks so much George! :grin:

Thank you Kevin! The grate is made from 3/16" steel. I treat it like cast iron though. I brush it off, heat it up and oil it while it's hot to keep the seasoning going. I really love the thing!
It's taken from a pic of me sitting in my camp chair by the fire. This is it when it was new. :grin:

ELPGyg1.jpg
I have a 1/4" baking steel plate for cooking pizzas on the kettle and keep it well seasoned, looks like you're hoisting a wine glass there Jeanie, cheers. :grin:

I have a 1/4" baking steel plate for cooking pizzas on the kettle and keep it well seasoned, looks like you're hoisting a wine glass there Jeanie, cheers. :grin:

That sounds handy to have Kevin!
Mmmhmmm... Cheers! :grin:

I love caldo de res! Your broth looks way better than what I normally get... looks rich and delicious! I’ve never tried it at home - adding another test drive wish to the list. Thanks for sharing J!

Every single time, Jeanie! :hungry: That looks and sound absolutely delicous. I could see dipping a tortilla in that.

Thanks for putting that up - loving it!

Nice work Jeanie, the short ribs definitely would take the soup to the next level.

I love caldo de res! Your broth looks way better than what I normally get... looks rich and delicious! I’ve never tried it at home - adding another test drive wish to the list. Thanks for sharing J!
Thank you Hawkeye! The broth at the local restaurant is on the thin side too. I think the smoked beef ribs and beef broth added a lot of flavor to the pot. Hope you make it sometime! :grin:

Every single time, Jeanie! :hungry: That looks and sound absolutely delicous. I could see dipping a tortilla in that.

Thanks for putting that up - loving it!

Thanks so much Greg! Very kind of you! I did have a hot tortilla and a cold beer. Not sure why I forgot to take a pic. Guess I was too hungry! lol :grin:
Hope all is well on your end of the world!

Nice work Jeanie, the short ribs definitely would take the soup to the next level.

Thank you Bill! I really liked the beef ribs. They were so tender. I'll use them again in the next pot. :grin:

That sounds perfect on a snowy day like today! Stay warm.
Dang it, I hope you and family are keeping warm! Quite the weather moving through! I tried rocks in my pockets to keep from blowing away but they weren't enough. lol Thanks Clay! :grin:

I'm not one for soups or stews...but that looks crazy good!
Very nice Miss Lady!

-D
You need to try this Dave! I know you don't care for soups or stews but I think you'd like the flavor. Thanks for the kind comment! :grin:

Never had that dish before but it looks like a great cool/wet weather meal. I bet it was delicious.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Wow! I bet the depth of flavors is amazing.
I am definitely going to plagiarize this! Thanks for sharing.:clap2:

Never had that dish before but it looks like a great cool/wet weather meal. I bet it was delicious.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Thanks Kevin! Hope you give it a try sometime! :grin:

Wow! I bet the depth of flavors is amazing.
I am definitely going to plagiarize this! Thanks for sharing.:clap2:

Thank you Warren! Keep me posted if you try it. I leave the carrots out but I think you can pretty much use what ever veggies you like. :grin:

Another amazing meal there!

Thanks so much Charles! :grin:

Back