THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

cowgirl

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Batch Image
Name or Nickame
jeanie
Again...
Sorry for the repeat meal. It's turned into a favorite when camping.

Shanks are usually used but I'm liking the way these short ribs turn out.

ySC9Pjg.jpg

Some of the ingredients... tatoes from home, cabbage, onions, carrots, garlic, mexican squash and corn..

piZAZE1.jpg

I simmered the beef ribs and seasoned stock over the fire, til tender..

KJjuZjB.jpg

M6OmdIR.jpg

added the carrots and tatoes next...

2ps23ju.jpg

uo9lE1m.jpg

jK6FgYi.jpg

when the tatoes were almost tender,
next came the corn, cabbage and squash..

7qoft0u.jpg

43aFRM3.jpg

cilantro...

KsiXYQX.jpg

heated a few tortillas and supper was ready.

M88JRsp.jpg

Zouq0KK.jpg

MCQZNAz.jpg

I slather a hot tortilla with butter and supper is ready.

YEANmFH.jpg

I give the dish a squeeze of fresh lime juice and a splash of cholula..

1g2Ziy4.jpg

a bite of tatoe...

DTEculo.jpg

I dip my hot buttered tortilla into the drippin's...

lB9FSj5.jpg

and the ribs are so tender...

AWsaUjB.jpg

I have to admit, I'm in it for the beef, corn, tatoes and the hot buttered tortilla dipped in the broth. I eat those first in case I get too full to finish my plate. :laugh:

uH1ZKQT.jpg

Sorry for the repeat meal but thanks for looking!

I made it once after you posted one of your cooks in 2019 I think. I may need to make another batch soon.

Killer as always!

I made it once after you posted one of your cooks in 2019 I think. I may need to make another batch soon.

Killer as always!

I remember that Andy! I'm sure yours was delicious!!
Thanks! :grin:

That looks excellent, Jeanie!
I bet the geese were wanting fed

Thanks Mike! :-D
The majority of them keep their distance, but a few wander through the camp sites looking for handouts. I won't feed them. They get pesky like seagulls. :laugh:

Keep bringing back all the favorites, Jeanie. Looks wonderful (love all the colors from the veggies to go along with the super savoury beef ribs)!

Oh great, that one girl posted some more pictures of food and wildlife and stuff.
Will it ever end.....will it ever end?
Ed

Not good.
Ed.

I shouldn't say this and will probably get in trouble. Come on, you're better than that. Jeannie is the nicest person on this forum and always displays class and thanks everyone for their compliments.

No likey, no clicky.

Just sayin'.

Robert

It's my first time seeing it so thanks for the lovely pictures of the food and the beautiful view. Amazing cooking and photography skills. Seriously, you should be featured on TV and magazines.

Back