THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Educate us on how you canned the green tomatoes. And did you make the chipotle mayo? If so could you share the recipe? Looks great!!

Thank you W5IEI, Gore, Jazz and Chris!! :-D

Great idea!

So are you just adding a pinch of salt, water and then canning in a water bath?

I add lemon juice too. 1 1/2 tsps to pints and 1 TBs to quarts. Thanks!

Educate us on how you canned the green tomatoes. And did you make the chipotle mayo? If so could you share the recipe? Looks great!!

Here's how I can them... http://cowgirlscountry.blogspot.com/2011/08/canning-green-tomatoes-for-frying.html

The chipotle mayo is really easy. I add Bufalo brand chipotle sauce to some mayo... you can make is as spicy as you like. :becky: Thanks!!

I used your recipe for twangy green tomato pickles last year, it was fantastic. Thanks and the sandwich looks great as well.

Paulie G, Thank you!! I'm glad to hear the pickles worked for you! I like to fry those too. I love both fried dill pickles and green tomatoes...those little twangy green tomato pickles are pretty tasty when fried, kind of the best of both worlds. lol Thanks friend. :thumb:

What out GUYS! That little lady can COOK! Thank you for the submission!

Snyper, Thank you! You're very kind..

Sigh...:becky:

3a22876e-1.jpg

I don't think that sandwich was merely "kinda tasty" but rather a whole bunches of "kinda tasty"...gotta try to do that. Thanks for posting.

Back