THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ssv3

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Batch Image
Name or Nickame
Sako
It's been cold here lately and my better boy tomatoes haven't been ripening

pbJbCfhh.jpg

Perfect timing to make fried green tomatoes since I've never had them or made them

dVeH9dfh.jpg

Sliced them 1/4" thick and sliced some homemade pickles to fry while at it

1qrEuALh.jpg

A light coat of S&P

zIwYfreh.jpg

Dipped in egg wash and then Slap Yo Mama Fish Fry

T3Qetuwh.jpg

Into the CI pan

3DgP21sh.jpg

Same deal with the pickles

kwx5MHRh.jpg

jB72FHYh.jpg

Onto the cooling rack

8e0ZCyHh.jpg

OTvxdNIh.jpg

Served with some ranch dressing

uXzEoq9h.jpg

God, I've been missing out. Simply amazing!

uRi77H4h.jpg

Thanks for looking!

lol Two of my favorite things!!! Outstanding Neighbor!
Can't believe you have tomatoes, that's great! I "can" green tomatoes for frying during the winter. They're not the same as fresh but they do.
I have garden fever this week, you've just kicked it up a notch. :mrgreen:
Very nice, Sako! :thumb:

lol Two of my favorite things!!! Outstanding Neighbor!
Can't believe you have tomatoes, that's great! I "can" green tomatoes for frying during the winter. They're not the same as fresh but they do.
I have garden fever this week, you've just kicked it up a notch. :mrgreen:
Very nice, Sako! :thumb:

Thanks Jeanie!!

We usually have warmer winters but this year has been pretty cold and they just weren't ripening anymore. Then it popped into my head to make fried green tomatoes since I've never had or made them. Oh my!! I had company they all loved it.

Btw, they even survived the damaging winds that blow off roofs out here in the SoCal foothills. You can sort of see the damage in the first pic.

Looks great Sako!

Trying to eat healthier and now you got me thinking about frying some catfish and green tomatoes.

The only reason I grow tomatoes is to have green ones ready for frying! Teleking has the right idea, nothing better than a BLFGT sammie. :biggrin:

The only reason I grow tomatoes is to have green ones ready for frying! Teleking has the right idea, nothing better than a BLFGT sammie. :biggrin:

I'm giving it a go in the morning. :nod:

We love us some fried green maters here too. Thank you for doing them the right way with cornmeal. So incredibly delicious. Those pickles look especially scrumptious too.

Looks great neighbor
Some times the simple things are so good. Your knocking off things your never cooked regular!

I love some fried green tomatoes, we do ours in Italian bread crumbs, topped with goat cheese and a mango habanero chutney! So incredibly good! I see you also have the Duchess as well! One of my favorites.

Your food looks pretty fine from here.
I keep reading about green Fried Tomatoes.
Can any sort be used?

Thanks Titch!

Honestly this was my first time doing this but seems like the beefier tomatoes work best. Give it a try. It was delicious.

Back