THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

L

LakeLBJ

Decided to do something nice for my wife last week. She bought me the egg as my birthday present this spring so I decided it was time to surprise her with some of her favorites.

One regular and one herb bread loaf, using "Artisan Bread in 5 Minutes a day" book.
20k3uo5.jpg

Sugar and Spice Salmon (caught by my in-laws in Alaska last summer)
rmnpjr.jpg

Finished bread (bread cooked in big green egg at 450, cake in oven. I'm not brave enough to try to bake a cake in the egg yet)
2r46c9i.jpg

Gotta love bread baked on an egg...
1zvu92v.jpg

Finished chocolate cake:
k30mbn.jpg

e9y909.jpg

She loves chocolate cake and had been wanting some lately so I decided to surprise her by baking one while she was out for awhile. Turned out great and she loved it. 100% from scratch. Recipe is on the back of the hershey's cocoa powder can in your pantry. My first cake, and while not the best looking, was very tasty.

Man, the bread! I love to cook for the wife when she's coming back, always seems better. Great job.

great stuff!

try brownies on the egg and work your way into cakes. :biggrin:

With that bread and salmon, I would be too full to try the cake - it all looks very good.

Not a fan of salmon myself, but that sure is pretty. I should do some for The Missus.

I definitely gotta try bread, though.

With payback like that, you need to start dropping some hints for Christmas now! You just might fet everything on your list.

Back