Stuffed Salmon

What a great cook and variation on the salmon. Your backdrop will be a bit more serene than mine though when I cook mine. Must be a salmon sort of week. Will be posting something shortly and as always thanks for sharing all the pics :-D

Thanks for the kind comments! I know you've seen this meal before, it's one of my favorites to cook on the fire. It's fairly quick and easy. lol

Tell us about ediesmommy, aren't they really just soybeans? Do you eat husk and all or do you shuck them and just eat the beans? How would they compare to snap peas?
Eddie

Ed, they are baby soybeans and you do not eat the shell.
Edaname is the Japanese name for them. I guess "edaname" is supposed to sound better than plain ole soybean. When shelled, they are called "mukiname". In my neck of the woods, they are still called soybeans.
Kind of like nopales (cactus). I've never ran over one in the pasture and said "Darn, a nopales just flattened my tire". They are cactus here. lol

I like them shelled but couldn't find any at the store this time. It was a bit of a pain to have to pop the little buggers out of the pod during supper... but around midnight, while sitting by the fire, I pulled the leftover edaname out of the cooler and finished them off. I didn't seem to mind then! :laugh:

Snap peas are a bit sweeter. I seasoned these with garlic and simmered them in chicken stock. I liked the flavor. Hope you give them a try sometime!

What a great cook and variation on the salmon. Your backdrop will be a bit more serene than mine though when I cook mine. Must be a salmon sort of week. Will be posting something shortly and as always thanks for sharing all the pics :-D

I just saw your salmon catch. I bet that was fun to bring in! Nice one, Joe!! :-D

Beautiful! LOVE the pics. Did you have to pre-cook the rice? If so, did you precook it on the grill?

Beautiful! LOVE the pics. Did you have to pre-cook the rice? If so, did you precook it on the grill?

What is the hose/valve contraption leading to the fire?

Lotta goodness going on there, Jeanie! Loving all of it, and wdould love to hear more about that rice! :hungry:

What is the hose/valve contraption leading to the fire?

Thank you and welcome to the forum!
I do precook the rice on the fire. I cook a few pieces of bacon, remove, add scallions and garlic, cook til tender. Then add the rice and chicken stock. Also a dab of butter. Then I let it cool a bit, add the crumbled, cooked bacon back in the mix and stuff the salmon.
The hose is attached to my weed burner and propane tank. I use this to light the firewood.

Lotta goodness going on there, Jeanie! Loving all of it, and wdould love to hear more about that rice! :hungry:

Thanks Greg! I make the rice often. It's good by itself. lol
Hope the description above helps. If not, let me know!!
Oh yeah... The Blue Oyster Cult concert was fantastic!! You were right about the guitars. They were amazing. The drummer has nothing on you though. :grin:

Back