You're All Invited to The Texas BBQ Brethren Fall Bash 10-27-2018

Keep your fingers crossed!
7cd8acc5e3b3df525a6d5751b89ebdfd.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Man that looks awesome! We had our first frost warning this morning.

Just got back from a supply run.Got paper plates, 12 pack of Pepsi, 12 pack of Diet Mtn Dew, case of Yuengling, case of Yuengling light, some cheap steak knifes and plastic ware, and 2 bottles of Gorget shine. Will also bring disposable cutting boards, foil full and half pans, and a slightly used large roll of aluminum foil.

Safe travels to you and all those coming to the bash!

Not to be a pest, but did you get a chance to pick some up? Fingers crossed...

No pest at all. There was none to be had. I'll check one more time before this Friday. Will call them tomorrow to see when. If they have it this week I'll pick up 2 lbs of gator tail.

It is probably obvious to everyone by now but, here is what I found from the government website:

Overlook Pavilion- This pavilion is located adjacent to the Capital Regional Office (formerly the Belton Lake Project Office) and Frank's on the Lake / Deadfish Grill near the south side of the Belton Lake Dam. This pavilion seats up to 150 people (approx 23 tables and 1 w/ disabled access). This facility offers a barbecue pit, restrooms, water, electricity for small appliances, sand volleyball court, horseshoe pits, and a playground for the kids. This area closes at 10:00 PM.

3110 FM 2271 Belton, TX 76513

Getting There:
(US Corps Engr Park Rd – USCEPR) Take this Road off of FM 2271 to get to Overlook Pavilion)

This is between Deadfish Grill and Frank's Marina by the dam.

r6xt1s1.jpg

Fingers crossed. If not, no big deal, I'll just have to plan a trip to LA to harass you.

BTW, I plan on bringing some Boudin. See if mine is better than yours. :p

I dunno. This is my first one. We've got a hotel in Belton and will be driving in Friday evening, maybe arriving around 7pm if we're lucky. I think the start time is 8am, but I'm thinking closer to 9am for us. I'm not a morning person if I can help it!

I'm a procrastinator, I guess I should probably start looking for some hotel rooms. :shock:

What are these Kolache things I've been reading about?!?! Sounds like something right up my alley. May have to find some and bring to breakfast on Saturday.

Do I need to bring Bloody Fixin's? After all, you can't drink all day if you don't start in the morning.

Back