You're All Invited to The Texas BBQ Brethren Fall Bash 10-27-2018

Less than 2 weeks out now!

Wondering if I should grab the roasts here Tuesday before we leave, Q Salt them heavily, and vacuum pack them and keep on ice till we get there? What ye say?

Idk Dennis, that sounds like a long time salted.
, but i'm certainly no expert.

If you need me to do any footwork for you before you arrive, let me know. My feet don't work, but I'll make it happen ;)

Less than 2 weeks out now!

Wondering if I should grab the roasts here Tuesday before we leave, Q Salt them heavily, and vacuum pack them and keep on ice till we get there? What ye say?

I'm a big fan of salting in advance. It's the only seasoning that will actually travels to the center of the meat. I don't remember what kind of roasts you're talking about, but if it's pork and you salt "heavily" you'll likely end up with ham.

Hey guys and gals, I know I asked y'all to pick up as much Pibb Zero as possible, and I really appreciate y'all who are willing to help, but I need to ask you to not pick up any more. I'll gladly take what has already been purchased, but we have had some setbacks financially the last week or so, and now I have to go to Denton this week because my sister is being admired to the state mental hospital. I simply won't have the cash to buy more than you've already picked up. Thank y'all. Please do bring what you've picked up. I figure it out -i really want to surprise my wife.

Dan,

Best wishes regarding your sister. I hope her stay is a brief one. Unfortunately, I have similar experiences with someone close to me who has struggled with this for ~3 decades.

Dan,

Best wishes regarding your sister. I hope her stay is a brief one. Unfortunately, I have similar experiences with someone close to me who has struggled with this for ~3 decades.

Ha. I'll be happy to pay you. I was hoping to get a huge number for her. That's just not realistic, but I don't want to lose money by doing me a favor. I wish I could pay y'all all a premium.

Dan, Shelly and I hope and pray that her stay is brief and all goes well for your sister.
All the best my friend.

Back