Yoder Wood Fired Oven

Smoke Dawg

Quintessential Chatty Farker

Batch Image
Batch Image
Name or Nickame
IMF
The wording on their site is confusing (misleading?)

"The result is 360°F of high heat for broiling".

360F? Is that a typo? That is not high-heat by pizza oven standards.

Then they say...

"Achieves 700°F at the stone and 900°F at the top of the hood"

Oh ok, so it actually gets to 900F ambient temp? That contradicts the 360F right?

Oh wait...

For added functionality we designed the hood with a flat top which allows the top of the oven to be used as a high-powered cooking surface by using cast iron or carbon steel cookware.

Ohhhhh, they mean 900F on TOP of the oven, meaning the griddle portion? What?

The overall shape was engineered to optimize airflow and allow that over-the-top flame for that perfect kiss of heat, creating a broiler-like result from a searing 800° down to a comfortable 350° ideal for baking.

I give up. They need to fire their marketing dept. :wacko:

Being a circular item, (pizza) I would venture to guess any reference to 360 is Deg. not F.
Ed

I was intrigued at first but it would reduce my grill to a 13.5" cooker. I see lot's of things I would change or modify. I would try it for $100 but at $500 I'll pass.

I was intrigued at first but it would reduce my grill to a 13.5" cooker. I see lot's of things I would change or modify. I would try it for $100 but at $500 I'll pass.

Way too much money for what it is neighbor! For $500 you have great options for dedicated ovens portable or otherwise. Plus setting it up looks to be a pain in the arse not counting the amount of time and pellets it would take to get it up to temp.

Back