Yoder vs Lang

16" diameter

HI All Check the cooking grates on both. The Lang is only about 1" deeper then then the Yoder?
Thanks DanB

I would love to get the yoder Cheyenne. I am smoking mostly on an 18.5 inch wsm and a small bge (plus many charcoal grills and small smokers...Orion, portable kitchen, kettles, etc)

I'm very curious to learn what you think of whichever you pick. The yoder is $899 and I think I saw someone say $140 to ship? Do you need that heat management plate, too?

I think there was a comparably priced horizon available near me I might be able to get without the shipping, but all things considered the yoder Cheyenne seems the right compromise of price, size (not too huge...I'm usually cooking for small groups...just a few times per year we have bigger gatherings and more space would be nice), and quality

Oh you are in Paramus? I think there is a place in Elizabeth that carries the horizon. I have been casually looking and seemed to find a consensus somewhere of folks who liked the yoder more than that one, though. But again I've been casually looking so don't quote me on that

I live in jersey and bought a 36in lang from someone,,love it and it is heavy which means its well built,,before I found one being sold I was planning on a road trip to Georgia,,maybe u could find another person interested and split the cost of travel

Hi All I do have few wanted ads for a Lang 36 or a Cheyenne in some of the forums.
I live in jersey and bought a 36in lang from someone,,love it and it is heavy which means its well built,,before I found one being sold I was planning on a road trip to Georgia,,maybe u could find another person interested and split the cost of travel

Oh you are in Paramus? I think there is a place in Elizabeth that carries the horizon. I have been casually looking and seemed to find a consensus somewhere of folks who liked the yoder more than that one, though. But again I've been casually looking so don't quote me on that

I was on there website.
Thanks DanB
PS Maybe someone else in NJ would like a Lang or Yoder, might be able to share the shiping cost?

I'm very curious to learn what you think of whichever you pick. The yoder is $899 and I think I saw someone say $140 to ship? Do you need that heat management plate, too?

Hi I think the heat plate is needed to even out the pit temps.
Shipping to North NJ was $265.00
DanB

I have another angle for you- what if you plan a road trip for you and wifey and take a little weekender vacay that just happens to be in the area in which said smoker is made? Make a little stop while out wine tasting or whatever and pick up your new rig. Problem solved!

Road Trip

Hi All A road trip is out of the question. If I were 20-30 years younger, might be a good idea then.
Thanks DanB

I have another angle for you- what if you plan a road trip for you and wifey and take a little weekender vacay that just happens to be in the area in which said smoker is made? Make a little stop while out wine tasting or whatever and pick up your new rig. Problem solved!

If you are going to a couple of BBQ competitions you might find a Lang Rep on site with some cookers to sell. The last few competitions I have been to had Lang's there for sale. If you wait till near the end of the competition you may get one for less. I have heard that they don't like taking them back to Georgia.

When I was looking at Langs - didn't rule out well cared for used models. Had bought all three (used) Langs over the years- each one used and within a 300 mile radius from Central PA with a rented u-haul trailer.

Saved a boatload of coin....

Lang

Yup I'm hoping to find a Lang 36 or a Yoder Cheyenne close by. Not too many comps in my area.
Thanks DanB

Lang 36 patio vs Yoder Cheyenne

Hi All Still NOT sure which smoker I'm going with. I have some time to decide,won't be ordering till after winter season here in North NJ,until then I have to put my COS/ Smoke N Pit to good use. Both smokers have some things that appeal to me. Like to hear from some more of those have used them.
Thx Dan

Be on the lookout for a reverse flow in the for sale section on the board here. I have seen a lot for sale recently in the northeast. Then save on shipping when you pickup. Will get much more smoker for the cost.

my buddy has a Lang 36 patio for sale but he lives in Florida and it is just a year old . he is selling because he out grew it and needs something bigger . hit me up in a pm if interested in info .

I just got my yoder a month ago and it is a tank. The seams are all neat..even the inside.
After burning her in I have smoked a nekked fatty (rules are rules), beef ribs, pork butts and a whole turkey.
Everything has been top quality and very clean burning. I am still leaning fire management but it is very forgiving. It tends to run a little lower than my hot and fast methods on my weber and cos but it is a fun beast to run.
I've posted my cooks if you want to go take a look.

Btw--you absolutely need the heat management plate.
With meat on the temp differential from box to stack was around 25 degrees. Without it it's around 100-130

my buddy has a Lang 36 patio for sale but he lives in Florida and it is just a year old . he is selling because he out grew it and needs something bigger . hit me up in a pm if interested in info .

Yep you see the out growing a lot.I was going to get a Lang 48 deluxe but ran across a 60 deluxe used on one of the forums.It toke about a 1/2 a day to do a complete cleaning and touch up the paint on the fire box.Then did a complete re-seasoning.It was good as new then, and saved 1700 dollars.So keep a check on all the forums and don't forget E-Bay and Craig's list close by you. And if I were going to buy a new smoker, I'd have to look at Shirley Fabrication's. But I do love my Lang.

Back