THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mattlsmith

Knows what a fatty is.
Hey All,

99% sure I'm going to get a Yoder but I'm curious is there a big difference between a Yoder Cheyenne and say a Brinkmann Heavy Trailmaster? I mean does the Yoder justify and extra $600?

Please help advice would be great, thanks!

Yoder is 1/4" steel Trailmaster isn't But there is nothing wrong with a Trailmaster I love mine it cooks like it's on cruise control

I've cooked on thin steel offsets and a Yoder offset. Big difference. I used to think the same thing about if the thick steel offsets with a better design like a Yoder were worth the difference, they absolutely are. Better draft for a cleaner smoke, better heat retention, less babysitting, etc. Absolutely worth the difference.

I've cooked on thin steel offsets and a Yoder offset. Big difference. I used to think the same thing about if the thick steel offsets with a better design like a Yoder were worth the difference, they absolutely are. Better draft for a cleaner smoke, better heat retention, less babysitting, etc. Absolutely worth the difference.

Like I Said............ :mrgreen:

If you can afford it do it. Many dont wanna spend the $ as a Newb but spend it a year or 2 or 3 later anyways. I wouldn't knock anybody who buys a Trailmaster (all my stuff is used cheap stuff) and it'll put out Good Q but Yoder will be easier and last longer.

My suggestion would be to contact Craig Bell at bell fab. Craig makes a good quality, heavy offset stick burner. He will listen to your needs and your personal details and will make a smoker that you will be proud of and at an excellent price. He is easy to deal with and a really nice guy. Look him up at: bellfab@sbcglobal.net. Good luck, Joe

If you can afford it do it. Many dont wanna spend the $ as a Newb but spend it a year or 2 or 3 later anyways. I wouldn't knock anybody who buys a Trailmaster (all my stuff is used cheap stuff) and it'll put out Good Q but Yoder will be easier and last longer.

Ya I want something that will last for a long time or until I upgrade again. Thanks everyone for the input!

Back