Yet another turkey thread...

Tell you what... we'll save you a healthy portion of the lasagna and freeze it in carbonite for another time. :thumb:

As to telling when the bird was done, I ran a temp probe to the smaller breast and monitored it remotely during the cook as general guide. Once it hit around 130, I started probing the dark meat with a Thermopen (knock off) every ten minutes or so until they hit around 185 and off they came. I took the breasts to around 155 and pulled them for a rest from there.

Thanks, brother. It sure helped that the sun was out yesterday and shining at that angle when I snapped the plated pics. Ain't nothing better than natural sunlight, except maybe the Indy 500... :loco:

That's some fine looking turkey, Mongo, and a great tutorial to boot!

We've been deconstructing ours for some time now, pounding out the thigh meat and adding stuffing, then rolling the whole thing up and tying it. Makes for nice slices of goodness.

That's some fine looking turkey, Mongo, and a great tutorial to boot!

We've been deconstructing ours for some time now, pounding out the thigh meat and adding stuffing, then rolling the whole thing up and tying it. Makes for nice slices of goodness.

Thanks, Moose… please elaborate on what’s involved with pounding out the thigh meat. Sounds very interesting.

Back