WTF- Hating on my Frito and Chip Addiction

16Adams

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Batch Image
A Brethren hating on me and chips. Salty

Therefore, the perfect barbecue and or steak side dish. Mom made it growing up. Good stuff. We had a regional chain Steakhouse, K-Bobs and if it wasn't on the chuck wagon salad bar I've seen folks walk out. It's that dang good. Here is a recipe. There are others but this one works.
Hating on Fritos is hating on my memories. Good memories deserving of respect.
Respect.

Link to the perfect side for barbecue, steak or as a meal
Catalina Frito Salad

https://reallifedinner.com/catalina-frito-salad/

#donthateonmyfritos
#chipaddict
#myhousemyrules

Does that hold long at all? I had it once at a cookout and it was already pretty soggy by time I was able to try it, so less than exciting. I think the crunch factor would have made it so much better.

Ice cold and lite on sauce Fritos added separately can last a while. Everything mixed set out at picnic cookout temps, probably not. At home we'd mix it ourselves to individual taste with amount dressing and Fritos. K-Bobs Steak house had a Conestoga (Chuck Wagon) themed salad bar and everything in it sat in bowls on ice. Really cold. Theirs had some dressing but it was a proper amount. Wasn't overloaded with Fritos but they were there. I can definitely see where it could go wrong at warmer temps.

Hell, we used Fritos like lettuce on fried bologna sandwiches back in the day.. When I hunted elk in the Rockies I carried Fritos for emergency fire starters.

Ain't nothing Frito can't do.

Hating on Fritos, geeeeesh

#hatespeech

Place I worked at long ago used to have potlucks and one lady used to bring that dish from time to time and I really liked it. Based on the pictures in the link, I think hers was a slight variation from the posted recipe.

Thanks for the stroll down memory lane.

Robert

A company that I worked for long ago used to have potlucks and one lady used to bring that dish from time to time and I really liked it. Based on the pictures in the link, I think hers was a slight variation from the posted recipe.

Thanks for the stroll down memory lane.

Robert

w9t1KofBqmr1wAAAABJRU5ErkJggg==
w9t1KofBqmr1wAAAABJRU5ErkJggg==

Well darn, I can't make this recipe.......don't have a bamboo spoon. :wacko:

Nice one Adams.

Now I have to go to my USA Foods store to get the Catalina dressing because I know they have it. Can't get Frito's here but we can get some pretty solid plain corn chips.

Looks like a pretty healthy option.

B

Nice one Adams.

Now I have to go to my USA Foods store to get the Catalina dressing because I know they have it. Can't get Frito's here but we can get some pretty solid plain corn chips.

Looks like a pretty healthy option.

B

Brother I didn't research it but to me Catalina, French and Russian can't be very many ingredients apart. Perhaps it's my unsophisticated palate. You probably have the 4-5 ingredients needed versus the whole bunch on store bought label.

It really was good.

From Google:

Most Catalina dressings are made with a blend of ketchup, vinegar, sugar and oil. This recipe gets its zippy flavor from the addition of Worcestershire sauce, ground mustard and a dash cayenne pepper.

Back