The Valley Experience Part 5: The Grand Finale (The County Fair/Nitty Gritty Dirt Band/Smoked Beats/Keg Stands/and much much more)

Fantastic documentary.
Loved the pics of the county fair. The whole agricultural origins of the county fair seem to have gotten lost somehow. Going from 1600 chicken halves a day to 250 really cements that fact.
I used to go to the fair a lot when I was younger, and never appreciated the fair more than when I worked on a dairy farm and helped the family prep their livestock for show, and stayed at the fairgrounds tending said critters.
Love the lodge and the great pics of what looks to be a very fun party. We used to do a keg toss now and then, and always assigned the same guy, Burt, to try to catch the kegs. :thumb:

Fantastic documentary.
Loved the pics of the county fair. The whole agricultural origins of the county fair seem to have gotten lost somehow. Going from 1600 chicken halves a day to 250 really cements that fact.
I used to go to the fair a lot when I was younger, and never appreciated the fair more than when I worked on a dairy farm and helped the family prep their livestock for show, and stayed at the fairgrounds tending said critters.
Love the lodge and the great pics of what looks to be a very fun party. We used to do a keg toss now and then, and always assigned the same guy, Burt, to try to catch the kegs. :thumb:

Thanks! There are 5 times the food vendors there used to be, including multiple carnival style vendors that in my opinion don't add much. The BBQ vendors are hit the hardest because of the higher labor cost.

I have a late night video of the keg toss, would love to post it in the woodpile but it is likely not suitable to be posted in a public forum!

WOW, fantastic......memories for a lifetime for sure, certainly hope the following generations continue the tradition. Thanks for haring!

KC

Back