Wtf dessert? Smoke a cake?

if this is your first contest you may want to concentrate on the meats. no need to add another category to what will already be a busy weekend.

if this is your first contest you may want to concentrate on the meats. no need to add another category to what will already be a busy weekend.
Nah. Not fist contest. I've done 3 KCBS contests and received two calls. Not a bad start.
This will be the first KCBS Backyard event that I've ever done though. Chicken, ribs, chefs choice and dessert.
I'll do them all but really want to be able to compete in dessert because it's part of the points for GC.

Check out some of Diva Q's videos on Youtube and the blog on her website. She crushes people in the dessert category on a regular basis, which is why people in New England are happy she's off on a BBQ Crawl someplace. :becky: (Since BBQ Crawl came out, Danielle's more recent videos are geared more toward the general public (how to make ribs on your gas grill at home type of thing), so look for some of her older stuff or her blog)

Read the rules in the cooks package. Ifs it's Hudson Valley they are NEBS Grilling rules

I'm not upset. Just baffled by it. Been spending all my time learning meats. Have no idea what to do with a dessert. Does it go in a regular 9x9? How can ya garnish? It's just throwing me for a loop and don't know where to start.

You guys are really helping me already.

Thanks!

Back