Plum Dumplings

halfcocked

is Blowin Smoke!
Name or Nickame
George
We get these so called "prune-plums" for about a month each year here in So. Florida. They're one of my favorite fruits and I look forward to the crop making its appearance in the market. Have to make these dumplings at least once during the season. They make a delicious dessert or meal.

Attachments

• plum.jpg
    plum.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 117
  • plum 1.jpg
    plum 1.jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 118
Last edited:
Care to share some details?

The dough is made with potatoes (riced) and flour. The plums are pitted and cavity filled with sugar and pinch of cinnamon. The dough is stretched out to 1/2 inch and cut into squares. Plums wrapped in dough and cooked in boiling water then rolled in breadcrumbs browned with butter. Served with sprinkling of sugar. Happy to post recipe if interested.

Wow! I thought my mother was the only person still making this on the planet. She'll use instant mash in the dough - and finishes them in the oven, but basically the same dessert. It's a once a year thing for us as well.

We get these so called "prune-plums" for about a month each year here in So. Florida. They're one of my favorite fruits and I look forward to the crop making its appearance in the market. Have to make these dumplings at least once during the season. They make a delicious dessert or meal.

My Mom used to make these a lot. I showed this to my wife and she asked me to ask you for the Recepe. Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Back