WSM help

TroyA65

is one Smokin' Farker
Hey everyone,

I have a 22.5 WSM with a stainless hinge on the lid. The cover has always been tight (as expected) but I just smoked some bacon and when I tried to put the cover back on, well...it looks more like a stocking cap:wacko:. I spent about 20 min in 20 deg weather working it down and just couldn't get it all the way down.:twitch: I get that it's cold and stiff but there's got to be a better solution.

So for those of you with a hinged lid, what do you use for a cover? I really would rather not use a tarp.

I have an 18.5 with the hinge and use a 3mil thick 42 gal contractor bag, they are durable, water proof and it fits perfectly. You could possibly try a 60 Gallon. The Weber Cover would still fit with the hinge installed but it is a PITA to get on and off.

I must have gotten lucky because my OEM cover still fits over the hinge and my big 5" thermostat with plenty of room. This is on my 18.5 WSM, it's fairly new so maybe they redesigned the covers or it still might shrink?

When I had a WSM, I always used a big garbage bag under my cover to keep the smoker dry. If I didn't, the rain would go through the factory cover and collect in the bottom.

Back