Woodfired fresh fish. (Rocket-Stove)

Fantastic cook and rocket stove.
... but I gotta question your choice of crème soda.:p
Don't y'all have Barq's in The Swamp??? :cool:

Looks good mate, are they Brim?
I take it you scrape the scales?

My son and daughter would not have stopped until they had filled that basket! I do not joke about that! My son has the luck.....fish pretty much jump onto his lap. Lol.

Badger, I've slowly been teaching myself to weld over the years, what cut/angle did you use on the top flue/flange/base? Not sure of the correct term. I know exactly where I can trade for some of that square tubing and I already have some plate and expanded. I've see the stoves before, but your set up is by far the easiest on the back and most convenient. That meal looks fantastic!

Bob

The flange is made from 3/16 x 0-5" x 1-0 long plate. The cut back is 3"

Short video of wood-fired steaks. Please delete if not allowed.

[ame]https://youtu.be/w4hi2kadjkY[/ame]

Last edited:
Reminds me of when I was a kid and lived next to a great fishing pond. Nothing like taking a stringer full of bream home and frying them up fresh.

The fish look great and that rocket stove is really cool! :thumb:

Heading, being pan fish? Because there is a huge difference between crappie and the other fish you mentioned, but, they are of course pan fish!
They are all from the sunfish family. I agree, I find crappie mushy, but they are OK when caught through the ice. My favorite is bluegill.

if you don't mind what size square tubing is that and how long are they? any other measurements would be appreciated. I might have to mimic this one.

Back