Wood Fired Oven Build

Awesome!
So....I'm curious as to your thought process behind the structure over the oven.
Was it a cosmetic thing (to blend into the neighborhood HOA requirements), was it to further insulate the dome, or.....??????

We don't have a HOA, if we did I would move! The enclosure was entirely because my wife didn't like the igloo look.

I don't agree with my wife on lots of things, but one thing is for sure. If she ain't happy....................ain't nobody happy :redface: :laugh:.

Well I have to admit I like the enclosure look better myself, but I would have liked to build it out of stone. I had to stop the financial bleeding at some point though!

Finally got started on the insulated door, need to get another bottle of welding gas so I can finish welding it. There will be quite a bit of grinding to do to get this thing looking good! And order some fire door gasket.
picture.php

Side profile, 2" thick. I used some of the ceramic fiber board that I had left.
picture.php

Also finally got the caulk applied to the siding, hopefully we warm temps next weekend so I can get it painted.

Honestly it turned out to be more work than I originally expected, but given a few months to rest I would do it again if we ever move!

My plan is to cook some pies next weekend for the Nebraska vs. Michigan State game. But snow won't stop me!
Excellent job. Thing looks awesome.

Just curious: Are you a Spartan or a Husker?

Back