Wok and Roll! Cast Iron Seasoning.

It's what I've always used and have never had a problem. I suppose if someone only used their cast iron once a year or so, it would be something to take into consideration. I will admit though that I only use it for the first seasoning and cooking, if I am putting my cast iron away and want to give it a light oil coating, I will usually shoot it with some pam and then rub it down with a paper towel.
I have been told by my grandparents not to use bacon grease. i have always used pam or something along those lines. I have to admit most of the cast iron items i buy are already seasoned so I give them a light coating of oil and wipe it out with a paper towel.
I believe it also says this on the Lodge web site.
just my .02.

Just bought a 26" plow disc that should be here next week. It will need the hole welded up and then seasoned so this thread could not have come at a better time! Thanks!!!

I have been told by my grandparents not to use bacon grease. i have always used pam or something along those lines. I have to admit most of the cast iron items i buy are already seasoned so I give them a light coating of oil and wipe it out with a paper towel.
I believe it also says this on the Lodge web site.
just my .02.
Grandparents are one of the best resources of advice ever. If mine had told me that, I would totally go with it. :becky:
When i buy used cast iron I will always strip it and season. You don't know what some people will use on these pans.
Good point! Unless you know where it is coming from, you really don't have any idea what they used on it. Heck they could have used axel grease. :puke: I've seen a couple old guys use them for motor oil. :shock:

Back