Contest Announcment Willie Pallooza 2012 April 14,15 Brentwood, NY

Did you know that judges, attendees and teams at WilliePallooza have donated well over 1500 pounds of food to those in need over the past two years?

The Grill Scouts will be collecting cans of food from judges and their guests at WilliePallooza. The food (as it has for the past two years) will be donated to an adjunct of Island Harvest and given to those in need.

If you would like to participate, it would be great if you could ask people that you know are coming to bring a couple of cans with them.

In addition, if you have any left over cooked food, they will take it to a soup kitchen. If you post here that you'd like to participate, we can have someone come to your area after 2:00 on Sunday to pick up whatever you have available.

Thanks!

It's crazy to think that we're about 7 weeks out. We still have snow on the ground from the weekend.

Anyway, who is in for WilliePallooza, the best 3 days of BBQ in NY?

Eric

Not only is it crazy, but it also stupid, as it is actually close to 12 weeks out! :wink:

Oh, sure, make fun of the mathematically impaired. Real nice.

Well, I guess I have more time for practice than I thought. Maybe I was thinking of GotB?

Eric

Isnt the day of the contest the same mayan calender date for the end of the world ?:becky:...oh wait my bad, we should just have Hurricane like winds, Hail the size of volleyballs, lightning clusters.....Same as usual (we'll live)

We are looking forward to competing at Willie Palloza accepting the challenge from our fellow brethren to prove our 3rd place people's choice at the Hickville FD was not a fluke (or that my mom worked the crowd to stuff our ticket jar - ok, she did).

We changed our spur of the moment name (f/k/a Mike's Backyard) to Buenos Diaz!, registered with KCBS and sent in our entry fee to Willie.

Given we haven't a clue what we are doing yet, and we are running out of people to eat out food, we've been getting creative in finding ways to practice.

For example, there is no rule that prohibits bringing a WSM along on a Boy Scout Polar Bear Camping trip and hooking up my bbq guru to my kayak battery to smoke a boston butt:

wsm camping.jpg

BTW, if you ever need a pick me up, cook for a bunch of teenage boys who've been outside in the cold for 24 hrs and eating nothing better than burnt pancakes and instant noodles :thumb:

This weekend, I will finally tackle the legendary brisket. I have read much about this allusive beast and how it can reduce the great ones to tears.

It's high steaks (I mean stakes) on Sunday. Our hosts have already predicted a Super day with a Giants win to go along with Buenos Diaz Brisket.

:doh:

We are looking forward to competing at Willie Palloza accepting the challenge from our fellow brethren to prove our 3rd place people's choice at the Hickville FD was not a fluke (or that my mom worked the crowd to stuff our ticket jar - ok, she did).

We changed our spur of the moment name (f/k/a Mike's Backyard) to Buenos Diaz!, registered with KCBS and sent in our entry fee to Willie.

Given we haven't a clue what we are doing yet, and we are running out of people to eat out food, we've been getting creative in finding ways to practice.

For example, there is no rule that prohibits bringing a WSM along on a Boy Scout Polar Bear Camping trip and hooking up my bbq guru to my kayak battery to smoke a boston butt:

View attachment 60529

BTW, if you ever need a pick me up, cook for a bunch of teenage boys who've been outside in the cold for 24 hrs and eating nothing better than burnt pancakes and instant noodles :thumb:

This weekend, I will finally tackle the legendary brisket. I have read much about this allusive beast and how it can reduce the great ones to tears.

It's high steaks (I mean stakes) on Sunday. Our hosts have already predicted a Super day with a Giants win to go along with Buenos Diaz Brisket.

:doh:

you certainly have the first 90% 100% right.:thumb: enjoy every cook and moment.

Hey mike, what brought on the name change ?? I had a name change.
See ya have a nice logo now, one contest & your in hook line & sinker:clap2:
Good luck with the brisket, & Willies (prepare for really bad weather)

Dont forget to bring your mom to shake the judges down

We are in! App on the way. Haiku:

You are indeed Fat
Fat is just a state of mind
I am also fat

Williepalooza happens
over and over
its just to bad
Im going to Dover

That's the worst poem I've ever seen.

Did you scroll down on the tab where it says 'app' and fill out those fields?

Eric

Did you mean mine or Phil's? If mine:

Pffffft. I ain't one oh them high-fah-lootin' poetry-types...

But that's actually a Haiku, not a poem and Willie wanted a Haiku: A Japanese poem of seventeen syllables, in three lines of five, seven, and five.

If Phil's -it's is witty but not a haiku and therefore, he does not gain entry into the contest as per Mr. Breakstone's rules!

So there! :bow:

I had trouble with the Google docs app. Can't we just put up a PDF? I have NitroPDF and if you email me a .doc, I can make the PDF. I can even make it fillable (text boxes).

barry wants haiku
he may bite me on my arse
my arse in waiting

hows that? :pound:

:bow:

Back