THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

congrats to all who walked

i want to thankl everyone who came out to support this event it means alot to me. because of you we were able to raise over $2000 for the Breast Cancer Help im not much for writing so again

THANK YOU VERY MUCH

Thanks to Will and also to all our friends and fellow competitors!

Thanks to Will and Phil for organizing a terrific WilliePallooza 2011! The 'elements' we all dealt with Saturday night notwithstanding, we had a B-L-A-S-T! We agree completely with Will that Long Island NEEDS MORE BBQ contests ... the level of competition here rivals anywhere that we've been!! Hope to see everyone out there during the season and especially in Manorville this summer!

Yours in 'QUE,
Tom Gellert

ED-'QUE-CATORS COMPETITION BBQ
Northport, NY
www.edqbbq.com

"A swine is a TERRIBLE thing to waste." Team Ed-'QUE-cators
Weber Smokey Mountain
Old Smokey

Thanks, Rub!!!!

Huge congrats to Tom and The Ed-Cue-Cators on their first RGC! Man, I'm proud of you guys, way to go!! :becky::clap2::thumb:
Couldn't have done this without your inspiration and expertise!:-D

• Thanks
Reactions: Rub
Great Job Phil!?! And Frank Who on Blazing BUTT team?? Great Job Bob!!!!!!! Got soaked with Phil Saturday evening, but didn't change until the am, froze my butt off...but did get to sit on the Escalades leather seats in the birthday suit. I'll never forget it.

Just for the record folks..,Willie was organizer here.. HE did all the work, I did nothing more than let him call and yell at me, vent, cry, fart in my general direction, etc.. We sponsored the trophies, thats about it..

(I TRIED to get Willie a 300AMP generator but made it as far as going to pick it up on Wednesday and getting hit with a request to show a $5,000,000 dollar Liability policy and a 'transportation certificate'. WTF... All I can anwser was 'does Geico do that?' ) With that insane storm, it may have been a good thing we didnt have power all over the place. Some of that parking lot was under 8 inches of water. From now on, the VFW hall is called Lake Willie.

And dear dear scott.... the team task master(he REALLY likes when we call him that). Every time I get pulled away by some shiney object, which is about every 20 minutes..(come cook with me one time an you will see what i mean) Scotts keeps things on task. I did hear him mention something about the feel of leather on his naked ass, but i thought he was ranting about those chaps he wears when hes alone with Blowup Barbie. I had no idea he desecrated my front seat until i noticed the skid mark.

This time we packed REAL LIGHT in anticipation of the storm, which also limited distractions and setup) and it really paid off.. Which leads too.... if anyone is on the fence about taking a Class from Scottie Johnson(CancerSucks). Get off the fence. We changed up alot of stuff this time, figured this is the best time to experiment with a new 'flow' with timings and techniques. We even switched up which cookers we use. There was alot of intrepedation about doing it the way he teaches, but at 9:15AM we realized EVERYTHING WAS DEAD ON nearly to the minute. We followed the notes form the class... and it paid off..

We were in Venice, Florida and it was unbelievably hot and then we were in Salisbury, Md and the rain held up, but the wind was nuts. To all who got their named called in those elements...you cooked your butts off.

Congrats to Phil and the guys on the win. :clap2:

Good job in venice too!... and thanks for the help! :becky:

Congrats to all who walked, and a fist bump to everyone who made it through Saturday night. Ez-Up® should have sponsored the event.
Thanks to Willie for putting this together.

Big thanks for Willie for putting this together. Even with the crazy-azz rain and wind, we had a great time! It was great to see the Brethren, if only to waddle by in the rain and say howdy!

We got our first trophy!!! 2nd Place Brisket!! Holy carp!!! I can't believe it. That four year old Franken-rub did the trick!

And another one of those awesome medals for 10th place pork!!

And 6th place overall.

With this pace, five years competing, we can expect our GC in about 5 more years!!!

Tricia was a trooper. I can't believe how she got through the storm. It was frightening for sure.

Super-duper thanks to Nonthink (Chris) for being our taskmaster and all around boy scout and Jeremiah for help with cooking and breakdown. I can't tell you guys how much it helped. If it was not for you guys, we would still be in the parking lot today!!

Congrats to all who walked, and a fist bump to everyone who made it through Saturday night. Ez-Up® should have sponsored the event.
Thanks to Willie for putting this together.

Whats more entertaining than the ez ups are the car ports people are now using. I swear I saw barfly's carport leg bottoms fly higher than our trailer. And while Gotham city enjoyed their neices b-day party I managed their tent. A coupke of times we got 7 of the 8 legs off the ground. It caried 5 gallon buckets up with it. You needed huge numbers of cinder blocks. It was crazy!

And Phil, despite the shiny objects, it is always a fun time. Just as a side note, we did it so light this time that I packed the trailer by myself in under an hour and half. That's freaking unbelievable!!!

This was the first event I went to from this forum and I enjoy the chili tasting on Saturday. Sorry I could not be there Sunday as I had a prya commitment. I enjoyed meeting the guys from this forum and others. I look forward to the next chili cook off as I will be entering my chili and giving you guys a run for your money, Thank you all for the warm welcome and I enjoyed tasting every one's chili. Compation will be tuff but I look forward to it.
Papabear

Hey yak, thanks for watching our tent. We really didnt have a bday party, just really didnt want to stand in the rain all day. :becky:. Was a great event, like always. Nice job to phil and scott on the 1st place and to all who got calls. Were some really tough conditions to cook in. Was also kind of weird watching phil ACTUALLY keeping it simple. Yak is in his glory because he has been telling him that for the past 4 years.
And always awesome to hang with my brother and father and compete.

Will,
Nice job and great event. The event was first class even tho you have none(just kidding). Takes alot of time and effort to run this event and like all the other williepaloozas, was awesome. You the man bro.

Props and Slops

Props

Willie, for running another great event while simultaneously cooking for the public and raising money for Breast Cancer Help. Great job!

Team Big Barry Q, for going above and beyond in helping my sister and niece secure their canopies, offering help, offering me a blanket at midnight when I was soaked to the bone and in general demonstrating what it means to be a Brethren.

Phil, for helping out with the WSM when the temp wouldn't get over 200 AND the thermostat decides that it has had enough and was ready to shuck this mortal coil.

The people that donated over 800 cans of food for those in need.

Everyone who had a kind word over the weekend. It's always great to see friends again at these events.

Slops

The weather. You truly suck.

Me, for not bringing a poncho or something similar.

Already looking forward to next year.

Eric

Thanks to Will for another unforgettable event!

Congrats to Phil, Ed-Cue-Cators, Blazin Buttz, GRIM REAPER and everyone else who walked! Those were some of the toughest conditions I have ever cooked under, but we still had a blast as usual.

Also, a shout out to Big Barry, Smokers Lounge and the Babylon Grillbillies! You guys kicked some ash!

Lets do it again at Bethpage!

P.S.

Phil,
You better sterilize that Big Weiner. It spent a few weeks in Tijuana as a prop in the new Trophy Show!:laugh:

It was a dark and stormy night....

before my camera batteries died.
But before the rains came, during the cold damp day, I took a few pics and here they are.
Thanks again to Willie for getting it done, congrats to Phil and Yak (it took 4 years to get the Big Weiner back!!) to all who endured the elements and all the other good folks that got a call as well.

(Tried to upload a few pics but there must be too many hairy back/cracks in this thread to succeed so I will start a new thread for Pics of WP or something.?

Maybe I skipped the post that mentioned it, but it's nice to see the 13th place chicken is still circling the same few competitors.

I think that may be Scott and Phil's proudest moment.

Eric

This time we packed REAL LIGHT in anticipation of the storm, which also limited distractions and setup) and it really paid off.. Which leads too.... if anyone is on the fence about taking a Class from Scottie Johnson(CancerSucks). Get off the fence. We changed up alot of stuff this time, figured this is the best time to experiment with a new 'flow' with timings and techniques. We even switched up which cookers we use. There was alot of intrepedation about doing it the way he teaches, but at 9:15AM we realized EVERYTHING WAS DEAD on nearly to the minute. We followed the notes form the class... and it paid off..

Can I borrow your notes? I've got a contest this weekend!!!! ;)

Yeah that front right section of the class must of had a better shot of the overhead mirror. Some success coming from those seats so far this season!!!

And for the record. I give you ideas, you cook it. So no thanks are due to me...

Congrats Phil

Back