Who Remembers the old BBQ Forum

gaffer

Found some matches.
Before I switched to BBQ Brethren I used to belong to another large forum. I think it was called simply the BBQ Forum, and it had a very large membership like this one does.

One of the more frequent posters was a guy called Alien BBQ. I think he was in the Southwest. He posted a great recipe for smoked turkey breast that used orange marmalade, I think orange liquor, wrapped in cheese cloth and cinnamon.

Anybody know this recipe or know how to contact Alien or if it is possible to find the old forum and access it?

I had heard our Chiles Critlin of KCBS BOD fame owns the rights to it and is just holding it for now.
Ed

Alien posted a lot on The Smoke Ring which has also gone away. There has been a rumor it might come back as a read only resource.:noidea:

I was one of the old timers on that forum. My first post was made on March 6, 1999. I probably made at least 2,000 posts. I wish those archives were still accessible. I have a lot of things in there I would like to retrieve. I made a lot of friends on that forum including the guy who posted right above me. There are several of us old timers still posting here. Ray was a good guy!

Beers to you Ray!

Juggy D Beerman

I was also on the Basso forum as well as the OG BGE forum. Hey, thirdeye and Juggy!

So you too are a survivor of the old egghead vs metalhead wars? There was some friendly banter between the two camps, but there were some zealots on both sides of the cookers who went too far. I had a lot of egger friends back in the day. Hey I even liked Thirdeye back then!

I was there early on also, just never liked the layout and how you traveled through posts.
Ed

Ray's forum was one of the first I found when I got into BBQ in 2003. Lot's of good information...hard to follow if you didn't keep up with it.

Back