THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What's your house temp?

• 225 and under

Votes: 2 0.9%
  • 225-250

Votes: 42 19.7%
  • 250-275

Votes: 76 35.7%
  • 275-300

Votes: 76 35.7%
  • 300-325

Votes: 14 6.6%
  • 325-350

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • 350-375

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 375+

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • How hot is 2 Mississippi?

Votes: 2 0.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

smoke ninja

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Batch Image
What range are you looking for in pit temps?

Looking for average cooker temp for large cuts (butts & brisket ect) that you prefer too cook at. Not poultry, most have a different temp and we'll do a separate one for that.

Please choose the range that best fits your house temp

And please try and remember the penalty for failure to answer.

I can't answer because there's different ranges depending on the cooker used, i.e diffuser, no diffuser, rotisserie or grate cooking, or the distance between the meat and the heat source not to mention the heat source used. UGH...lol there's just too many dang variables.

Do I have to stop being stubborn and choose one from the poll anyway?

I can't answer because there's different ranges depending on the cooker used, i.e diffuser, no diffuser or the distance between the meat and the heat source not to mention the heat source used. UGH...lol there's just too many dang variables.

Do I have to stop being stubborn and choose one from the poll anyway?

Nope

:pile:

i see this is not a poll but a smart-ars remark thread

temps-smemps:shocked:

220, 221, whatever it takes :-D

Seriously, it depends on which cooker I am using. I prefer something in the 250-275 range, but it my cooker wants to settle in higher or lower I go with it. Why fight it just to be one of the cool kids? :-D

250_275 but i am retired with to much time on my hands:grin: ps. ninja vintage snowmoblie show / crock poy cook off is feb 27th hope to see you be safe :thumb:

I probably use 275-325 the most, but will adjust depending on what I'm cooking and what fits my timetable best. Chicken gets hotter, fatty beef ribs or earlier in the day finishes get lower and slower (overnight cooks).

Back