THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cack

is Blowin Smoke!
I've made up my mind and I'm going to go with the Lang 36 Original Patio Smoker for my upgrade. I mostly cook for myself and my g/f (who will be getting her something shiny shortly so I can get my dull matte black something) and on occasions we do a little family/friend cookout.

Obviously I have the basic tools and supplies, but what are MUST HAVES that I'll need for a side burner that I might not have needed for my little ol' Brinkmann verticle?

Also, this could be a good time for everyone to show off about their new cooking toys and give some ideas that the rest of us may not have thought of.

lang36_patio_finihsed_web.jpg

Ditto on the wood. Also by the looks of that vent on that 36, you might be able to get a IQ110 to fit on it.

Find yourself a metal scoop with squared sides (for cleaning out the firebox.) I made one out of a coffee can - sorry I don't have a pic of it right now.

I also have a small mesh bag that I put over the smokestack to keep critters out when the smoker is not in use. I use a small bungee to keep it in place. Here in Florida, there is no telling what would try to make a home in there... bugs, lizards, frogs, etc. :shock:

I have a chemney shovel that I use for my ash/clean up now ... would that work or will there be a ton more with wood?

what is that?

IQ110 is a pretty inexpensive pit controller. I use one on my WSM. Set it and forget it. It looks like (to me) that if you get the WSM adaptor for it, it might fit the 36.

The Maverick 732 is a remote thermometer. A must have if you ask me. Monitors pit and food temps with hi and lo alarms. and wireless!

Last edited:
Back